[DISCUSSION] Microsoft Edge

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by SAM-R, Mar 18, 2019.

1. thejester77

thejester77 MDL Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Seems to be a bug in the address bar... My browser crashed numerous times when I was manually entering sites into the address bar, but loaded perfectly fine with using the links within favorites...

Sent Edge Team via feedback the 411 on the address bar bug!!!

2. thejester77

thejester77 MDL Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Anyone else seeing ads appearing now when using Ad Blockers???

I use AdGuard, have a wonderful setup of blockers and settings in place and I'm seeing ads all over the place...

I hope Microsoft didn't just give us the answer that so many on AMA were asking about Google Ad Blocking and what about Edge... were the Edge Team just avoided the answer to the question!!!

Update:

Since my Edge has crashed numerous times today, I went into the AdGuard and manually updated all my blockers a couple of times and things appear to be going back to Blocking again.

3. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. emet

emet MDL Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Share some links for testing adds. I am wondering why adblockers are not working anymore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    I am using Adblocker Plus, and it is working as usual. I am on Version 77.0.193.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit.)

6. aziz0170

aziz0170 MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2011
  7. Konstantinos

Konstantinos MDL Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Use uBlock Origin. Never use the others. Better perfromance, better code, better everything. It's funny how people still use those ancient stuff

8. emet

emet MDL Member

Jul 16, 2015
  9. Leopeva64

Leopeva64 MDL Expert

Oct 4, 2016
    #1051 Leopeva64, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Yup, fixed in build 77.0.194.0. (as expected).

10. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    New in build 77.0.194.0 :p

2019-06-18 001.png

11. emet

emet MDL Member

Jul 16, 2015
  12. thejester77

thejester77 MDL Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Ouch... just noticed this... Edge Team probably disabled everything until they flush out the address bar crashing bug.

You can guarantee that they will re-enable these once things are fixed... Hopefully maybe giving us all a couple new ones that will be active... hoping!!! LOL

13. thejester77

thejester77 MDL Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Latest update/version of Edge v77.0.194.0 (Official build) canary seems to fix the crashing issues...

Also, ad blocker is working perfect again...

Since most adblockers seem to work through a webpage portal for settings, etc... I can only imagine that the crashing bug is what broke most adblockers extensions yesterday.

When in doubt with this browser (while we're still in testing stage) I always go into Settings>Privacy and Services>Clear Browsing Data Now... And I delete ALL TIME...

This usually flushes out anything that lingered from previous Edge updates, etc.

For all my browsers I have CCleaner Delete everything everytime I close out browsers (big security nerd here) but until Edge is finalized and shows up in CCleaner, I have to manually do this myself. There was a way to add this version of Edge into CCleaner, but it caused the browser to have page loading issues and other wonky things happen so I removed it.

Edge Team has already stated that they will be adding the option into the browser to Clear Browsing Data when users close out the browser in the future... so I can't wait until that feature returns, along with Disable of AutoPlay!!!

Every now and then the browser slows down opening tabs and pages between updates, but when that happens I clear out the browsing data and everything smoothes out... or I just wait till the next update which usually is tomorrow and things speed up again.

But when problems occur, please make sure you hit the feedback button and explain the problems the best you can for the Edge team vs. just leaving the comments here.

I love when I receive an email from the Edge Team with my feedback (confirmation email) and that they acknowledge it and will be fixing it shortly!!!

I wish Windows Insiders Feedback would confirm and email users back!!!

14. kosta20071

kosta20071 MDL Addicted

Jan 8, 2012
    Microsoft Edge is up to date
    Version 77.0.195.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

15. Leopeva64

Leopeva64 MDL Expert

Oct 4, 2016
  16. kosta20071

kosta20071 MDL Addicted

Jan 8, 2012