Microsoft Edge (Chromium Based)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by SAM-R, Mar 18, 2019.

1. windows builder

windows builder MDL Expert

Sep 13, 2017
    The final version will be available on January 15th. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bay12

bay12 MDL Junior Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Hi all,
    i have a weird issue with the browser: when clicking on the sign-in icon i get an error message (error 0) instead of the normal log-in window. I think because a required windows service is disabled on my machine... Do you have any idea of what services are needed for the log in? thanks in advance

3. bonesz

bonesz MDL Senior Member

Jun 30, 2013
    anyone know how to enable dns over https? tried to google but the option that enables it is not listed on the about:flags page.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    Just checked. It's there in edge://flags/
    Canary Build 81.0.366.0

Secure DNS lookups
    Enables DNS over HTTPS. When this feature is enabled, your browser may try to use a secure HTTPS connection to look up the addresses of websites and other web resources. – Mac, Windows

5. bonesz

bonesz MDL Senior Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Well I have searched and searched and that flag does not show up. how to completely uninstall all edge chrome

6. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    If you use Windows 10 Admin account, Edgium still won't let you perform a Sign-In. Its a very poorly implement non-security, sort of "security" system...

7. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2012
    I can't understand which an administrator account you're talking about and how it prevent from logging in? How does it relate to security? Do You try to run browser as administrator and then can't login to somewhere and if then where? PS! If there is not some very special needs, it's never not recommended to run web browser as administrator, it is not just very secure.
    If you are thinking that a user with administrative rights cannot log in then I have not had such a problem, never had.
    If you are talking about Windows 10 built in administrator account, then I have never tested login in with using it and I do not understand why should?
    So, anyway can't understand, where You can't log in.

8. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Did they fix the sync between Your Phone/Edge Chromium yet, can anyone that uses the browser test? No, I am not too lazy to test, it's just that testing this has broken (twice) my Your Phone sync until I reinstalled the whole OS. It's the only reason I use Edge basically. If they break this function I most certainly don't want the old Edge replaced.

9. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Enabling Secure DNS does not pass cloudflare tests. I am using Edge Version 79.0.309.51 (Official build) (64-bit)
    Maybe some more settings like ESNI and Netorkk TRR Mode need to be there.

10. MELERIX

MELERIX MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2011
    as I know, it's in January 14 2020, and through Windows Updates.

11. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    So MS will fully wipe the old Edge AppX package and replace it with Edgium? Will MS force Edgium to be an AppX package going forward after the initial release?

12. Leopeva64

Leopeva64 MDL Expert

Oct 4, 2016
  13. Leopeva64

Leopeva64 MDL Expert

Oct 4, 2016
  14. Konstantinos

Konstantinos MDL Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Web notifications still don't work eh?