Microsoft Edge Web Browser - Offline Installer

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by darkrats, Mar 31, 2020.

1. darkrats

darkrats MDL Junior Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Anyone know where to get the latest version of Microsoft Edge (Browser) for Windows 7 as an Offline Installer? I've checked out links on other forums and websites, and even when they say it's for the offline installer, I'm always directed to the official MS site where you can get the smaller 1.7MB web installer. I don't want to install the browser right away so that doesn't work for me. Thanks.

2. darkrats

darkrats MDL Junior Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks for the direct link. I knew about the first link to the download page, but was afraid that after agreeing to the licence, it would automatically install the browser rather than just downloading the installer. Still not sure, so I appreciate the direct link.

3. i have generated direct link from the same first link . please give it a try .

Thanks & Regards :)

4. Dgk

Dgk MDL Member

Jan 18, 2020
    Anyone know if there is a way to get Legacy installer?

5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #6 kaljukass, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    What exactly means Legacy installer?
    Which it should be?

If You really meant Windows 10 built in Edge (now it's name really Edge Legacy), then it is still there and You can use it at any time.
    It doesn't have any separate installers, it's Windows component. Yes, of cource You can it reinstall if it has some problems.
    For it You can use Settings panel, Repair or Reset options. If these won't work, You should use Powershell command and it will be reinstalled as any other windows component as any other windows component.
    Code:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Dgk

Dgk MDL Member

Jan 18, 2020
    I'm talking about adding it to LTSC thus installer

7. fgaifen

fgaifen MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    Hi.

I had a little problem with my hdd so a loose a few data.

I had a link to "Microsoft server" to generate latest offline exe's of edge.

Can someone manage to give the link.

Thanks

8. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #10 kaljukass, Apr 5, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
    Hello

Are there any sites to download older versions of Canary?
    The one from tehnokraat.ml no longer works for Canary

Thanks

10. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
  11. Shortyportuguese

Shortyportuguese MDL Senior Member

Apr 3, 2019
  12. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #16 kaljukass, Jul 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
  13. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
  14. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Canary is a one-day release, and there are simply so many of them, often several different ones on the same day, that Microsoft doesn't publicly hold them on its servers for long. So, those interested in the matter must make their own archive. Neither you nor I nor anyone else can force Microsoft to keep them there. These are just temporary trials or temporary working versions and should not be used by anyone anywhere.
    Finally - you should set up your own archive and keep them exactly as long as you want. There are simply no other solutions.

15. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
    Ok, I stay with a 115 version of Canary, too many bugs in the last ones and even reported on the DEV, etc...