[DISCUSSION] Microsoft Edge

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by SAM-R, Mar 18, 2019.

1. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    :biggrin5:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Portable not possible make as long as there are no offline installer packages for this version.
    I do not have them, nor do I have any data about how to get links for them. There is only an online installer available.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kosta20071

kosta20071 MDL Addicted

Jan 8, 2012
  4. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    Windows 8 don't get updates at all.

5. kosta20071

kosta20071 MDL Addicted

Jan 8, 2012
    #1125 kosta20071, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  6. kosta20071

kosta20071 MDL Addicted

Jan 8, 2012
    Microsoft Edge is up to date.
    Version 77.0.204.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

7. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    Microsoft Edge Beta 76.0.182.13 Released

8. tripog

tripog MDL Junior Member

Sep 27, 2012
    anyone getting "This extension may have been corrupted." errors on uBlock Origin?
    No matter how many times i repair or remove and reinstall it always reverts back to being broken after a while

9. kosta20071

kosta20071 MDL Addicted

Jan 8, 2012
    #1130 kosta20071, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    YES! good to know I am not the only one. It gets corrupted on certain websites. It is strange because I didn't notice this issue earlier today or yesterday, started happening 1-3 hours ago.
    Both development and regular version of uBlock origin are getting corrupted on certain websites

I guess one of the filters causes an issue

10. tripog

tripog MDL Junior Member

Sep 27, 2012
    yeah it took me a while to figure out what was different about my web browsing until i noticed ads and im like oh whats going on ublock and then i realize that isnt ublock origin thats ublock origin extra and ublock origin is missing because its corrupted. It happened more times than i care to admit, those icons look too similar

11. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    I tried Ublock Origin after someone in this thread suggested it. I had been using Adblock Plus. I found that Ublock was a bit bothersome. I would go to some pages, and it would come up with a page where I had to choose something. Also, the donate buttons on some forums were still present. I switched back to Adblock Plus, and everything is working really well.

12. tripog

tripog MDL Junior Member

Sep 27, 2012
  13. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
  14. thejester77

thejester77 MDL Member

Aug 6, 2012
    #1136 thejester77, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    REGARDING EXTENSION CORRUPTIONS / CRASHES / ERRORS:

Every now and then an Update of Edgeium will corrupt an extension that you use, but it's very simple to fix this and get your extension back to working condition... here's how:

Go to (...) > EXTENSIONS > find the extension that corrupted and you will see a REPAIR button, just click on it and Edgeium will uninstall and reinstall your extension (also giving you the latest version of extension).

Depending on what kind of extension (AdGuard which I use for all my blocking purposes), you will have to re-setup your blocker from scratch again (REPAIR is basically a new installation of that extension).

AdGuard has an export of settings feature which I love and keep a backup put aside, which I use to setup AdGuard within seconds for all my systems as well as family and friends.

I don't know if other blockers have export features, but if they do, I highly suggest making a backup of your AdBlocking settings just in case your extension corrupts at a later point.

Regarding AdGuard:

AdGuard allows you to use multiple filter lists (fanboy, etc.), has a Crypto Mining Blocker, Stealth Mode with Anti-Trackers & 3rd Party Cookie/Referrer/Tracking Blocking, Exporting of Settings and barely uses any CPU or GPU resources across all major browsers (Edge, Edge [OLD], Chrome & Firefox)

I used AdBlock Plus & AdBlock back in the day but they used alot of resources so I researched and came across AdGuard and haven't looked back once. I use this for all my systems as well as for all my family & friends systems.

Note:

As of the latest Canary Update, I have only had 2 extensions corrupt from updates. LastPass Password Manager & AdGuard Blocker. Since repairing them, they haven't had any problems since (a month ago). :)

15. kosta20071

kosta20071 MDL Addicted

Jan 8, 2012
  16. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    You should still use what is needed, not to throw everything out and then say that it is working now! It's strange why you installed it there, if you don't have the filters you really need and what you should add yourself. Of course You don't need such a filters what are never used, you must use most common filters and write/add yours filters, that what You really need.
    And of course not needed duplicated extensions like AdBlock Plus and uBlock Origin or something other similar. But uBlock Origin is much more developed and has many more options and choices.
    PS Adblock Warning Removal List is mostly useless, it simply doesn't work as should, but You can improve it if You want.

17. kosta20071

kosta20071 MDL Addicted

Jan 8, 2012
    #1139 kosta20071, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    I didn't throw away anything out, he asked me what filters I was using. I use the default lists which are enabled by default+2 more . I don't have duplicate ad block extension (only uBlock Origin development build), I use what I need and I know what I need.
    I guess one of the filter lists was causing trouble , now seems to be fixed.

18. tripog

tripog MDL Junior Member

Sep 27, 2012
    from the jesters comment it wasn't just uBlock it was an edge bug screwing up extensions.