Microsoft has collected the locations of millions of laptops, cell phones, and other.

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Win-World, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Win-World

Win-World MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Yep, I've been asked to enter my mobile phone # while logging in into my gmail account last week!?! :eek::D

4. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Yeah - seems that Google wants to date us. I m flattered :eek:

5. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    google, microsft and apple gathers positiondata from us, we all knew that already..

But its just for makin positioning even better, its not like they track your positin all the time.

6. Olddigital

Olddigital MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2011
    Like that commercial some years ago:"I lost my phone number,can I have yours ?":doh::rolleyes:

7. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Sure, I can understand that.

Still - they have to take precautions whilst doing so. They should be forced to...

Why does it have to be that they only start caring about the implications this might cause - only when people start suing them? This is the only language big corporations understand in my opinion :angry:

8. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Always the same, as long as it is happening to others.