Microsoft NDIS Driver issue - USB tethering

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by naxal, Feb 1, 2023.

1. naxal

naxal MDL Member

May 15, 2014
    Hello,

Setup Details

I have Ryzen 5 1600 + A320 Chipset motherboard (USB 3.2 Gen1) connected to my OnePlus 8T (OOS13 stock firmware) with USB 3.1 Gen 2 cable (USB C to USB A).

PC is running normal Windows 11 Pro (up-to-date) without any deep modifications or 3rd party antivirus.

I am using USB tethering for Internet sharing of my 5G network

Problem Details

Task manager and network adapter settings Window will freeze when there is 1gbps+ load. Rest of the PC continue to function properly. Running a simple internet speed test will freeze the task manager and I either have to unplug the phone or reboot the PC.

Digging Deep

Google search points to Microsoft NDIS Driver issue, however that is supposed to be fixed under Windows 11 but it seems I am still facing it.

Any idea what should I do to fix it?

Thanks.

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    #2 MS_User, Feb 1, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    if is a driver issue theirs very little you can do until MS releases another working driver you mite want to post this issue on the MS forums so they be aware of the problem and look into it....have you tried a different cable sense your mobo uses USB 23.2 Gen1 and your cable is Gen2....also make sure your phone firmware is up to date.