Microsoft Office 2007 HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by suzidoos, Nov 26, 2008.

1. suzidoos

suzidoos MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2008
    I had a trial version installed, but I wanted the full version. I followed the instructions on "hack to activate" on this site, but I got stuck at this bit

Save the Proof.xml file. In Windows Vista, you may need to take ownership and grant full access permission to yourself before able to modify the file.

When I go to save it, it won't work. I have Vista, but not sure how to "take owership ang grant full access permission" in order to save it.

Would be grateful if someone could help:)

Thanks

Susan

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Again?

This is déjà vu all over again . . . .

To take ownership do the following:

Right-click on any file you want to own, then click on <PROPERTIES> then click on <SECURITY> tab, then, if present, click <OK> on any Security message, then click <ADVANCED>, then click the <OWNER> tab, then click <ADMINISTRATOR> or the <ADMINISTRATOR GROUP> in the <NAME> list, and finally click <OK>. You now own it.

One other thing, sometimes you will experience a situation where you cannot save (or do anything else to) a file. Right click the file, then at the bottom of the <GENERAL> tab opposite <ATTRIBUTES>, uncheck <READ ONLY> if it is checked. Now you can adulterate the file to your heart's content.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Slappy

Slappy MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2008
    And if you don't what to have to try to remember all these correct steps, you can download the patch two posts up and then have an option in your right-click menu which works in one step. :)

Regards,