Microsoft Office 2010 Question

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by karlo, Jul 24, 2010.

1. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Hi,

I downloaded Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2010 via Torrent last 2 months ago. I got the RTM version. However as of this moment, I'm receiving a message that I need to activate the program. The torrent includes 2 serial numbers to use which I think, both of them were completely legitimate.

Moving forward, do you guys know any activator(s) that would work with my version of Office 2010?

2. zetitres

zetitres MDL Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Karlo, suggest you to spend some time reading the Application forum. Lots of links and documentation about your question.
    Good luck.

3. rshastri

rshastri MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2009
    Please post this question in the 'Application Software' section.

4. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Sorry for that. Can someone move this post to the right Thread because I really don't want to create another duplicate post.

5. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    You have to use the VL edition if you don't have any legit keys for Office 2010. No hack for the RETAIL version out yet, and maybe it never will come. So the VL edition with KMS activation is your best bet if you don't want to pay for it.

6. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I really don't know if I have the VL edition or what. Well upon checking thet "About" section of the program, it says it's a Professional Plus version.

7. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    If you had to type in a serial key before you started the installation, it's a retail version. If you did not type in any key before the installation, you have a VL edition.

8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Yes pro plus is vl activated. Try this here http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...ctivator-(KMSA-6.0)-Preliminary-Tests-Part-II

It just activates and you have to set your host name with this cmd as administrator. The key should already be installed. Then choose office to activate

cscript "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14\OSPP.VBS" /sethst:localhost

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. zetitres

zetitres MDL Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Another possibility is to download a new VL, complete dvd, from wzor site. It is somewhat tricky to search the file you want but in this post you will find full information with screen captures provided for myhken:

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/21062-New-Office-2010-Repository/page4

10. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Proplus could be volume OR retail. If you go into about and it says "talk to your network admin to activate over corporate network" or somesuch, it's volume.

As well, if at a command prompt you type
    cscript "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

and you see "KMS_client", it's volume.

11. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Yes, I remember. It asked me for a key during the installation.

12. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I actually have the RTM version of Office 2010. Do I still have to download the version that you're talking about or I'll just keep my current version?

13. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    #14 karlo, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Thanks. After using that command, it says:

Code:
    ---Processing--------------------------
    ---------------------------------------
    SKU ID: *****
    LICENSE NAME: Office 14, OfficeProPlusMSDN-Retail edition
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 14, RETAIL channel
    LICENSE STATUS:  ---LICENSED---
    ERROR CODE: 0 as licensed
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: V*F*K
    ---Exiting-----------------------------

Now I'll try to check the other laptop where I installed Office 2010, that is not yet activated. I'll post it later. Anyway what do you think about the message that I saw? I didn't see "KMS-client" ...

14. zetitres

zetitres MDL Member

Oct 20, 2009
    For me would be better to download a VL iso instead of retail (the one that you already have)but developed tools that you can find here will work as well with your version. There is now a version 2.0 beta of Ez- Activator that it seems to be a ""all in one" tool:
    Most notable is this "EZ-Activator" for Office 2010. If your Office 2010 is Retail and unactivated it will be converted to VL with KMS Product Key. If you are using an unactivated MAK it will be changed to KMS. The Unactivated Product Keys will be uninstalled, AutoKMS will be installed, and Office 2010 will be activated. It should work as long as all Office apps/suites are installed in the same place
    unquote
    So recap:
    You have a retail version of office. You may want to download a vl iso or to activate the retail version that you already have. How to activate:
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/18746-Office-2010-Toolkit-and-EZ-Activator.
    Download this beta, unpack, run as administrator and click on main tab and Ez-activator. Should you have any error you can post in the tool thread and developer will most probably help you. Good luck.

15. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    #17 flare4000, Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    This one is activated forever but there is a large chance it might get blacklisted since that key was leaked. So if I were you I would backup the activation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. chnix

chnix MDL Member

May 16, 2010
    It's a good and interesting solution.

17. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Thanks. Ah, how can I back up the activation?

18. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010