Microsoft office 2013 installation problem

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by blanket, Feb 5, 2014.

1. blanket

blanket MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2014
    Hi,

I installed MS office 2013 with the toolkit and kmscert with no problems; it worked perfectly after that. however after i restarted my computer and opened word i got the ff. message:

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 configuration did not complete successfully.

Error 25004. The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine. This is most likely due to previous Office 2013 trails being installed. (System error: -1073418218)

Then another pop up:

Microsoft Office can't find your license for this application. A repair attempt was unsuccessful or was cancelled. Microsoft Office will now exit.

I had to reinstall twice because i didn't realize the error was in restarting the computer... i thought i just didn't install it properly... or maybe i didn't???

Please help, it's frustrating... i got a lot of homework to do :(

2. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Did you install a VL edition of Office 2013? If no, please download the VL edition from my signature and start from scratch.
    Then use MTK for activation; it should work without any hassles.
    Please post the result once done :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. blanket

blanket MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2014
    #3 blanket, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    (OP)
    thanks... i get a pop up saying that windows isn't activated when i open word... i haven't done kmscert and toolkit yet. i don't know if i should as it wasn't in the instructions... what should i do next?

edit: ok it used toolkit to activate it.. it worked. then i restarted to check if the same problem occurs... and yes. i checked mtk and it said <no installed product keys detected>

seems like the product key gets rewiped every time i restart

4. blanket

blanket MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2014
    every time i open word now i get the msg "in order to complete setup, a system reboot is necessary. would you like to reboot now?"

i click yes and the laptop gets rebooted again. then i open word again and the same thing pops up
    i click no then it goes to "configure ms word" then i get the error in the OP.

gah. :(

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    trying running as admin once, and then let it ask you to reboot.

6. blanket

blanket MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2014
    there's no "run as admin" option when i right click it. is there another way?

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    are you right clicking the Word 2013 tile at windows start screen? "Run as administrator" bottom charm. Or navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Office15 (for x86 version) or C:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office15 (for x64 version) and then right click WinWord.exe and run as administrator

8. blanket

blanket MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2014
    i tried desktop,start screen and programs list but there was no run as admin button.

i tried the path though and it was available, thanks. instead of a reboot prompt, it gave me the error in the OP. :(

9. blanket

blanket MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2014
    im still getting the same error. its starting to feel hopeless

10. sophy

sophy MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2009
    I think you should download a VOL edition, your edition maybe is trails edition. Unitall your present office 2013, install vol edition,then use the toolkit to activate it.

11. blanket

blanket MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2014
    i think the link that fkar provided was VOL edition? If so then i may have already tried it...

12. blanket

blanket MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2014
    BUMP i still haven't solved it :(