Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by enesalpa, Feb 10, 2016.

1. enesalpa

enesalpa MDL Junior Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Users of Microsoft Office 2000, XP and 2003 programs Word, Excel, or PowerPoint can't open, edit, and save files using the new file formats of Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.

Installing the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack one will be able to open, edit, and save these files. It can also be used in conjunction with the Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint Viewer 2003 to view files saved in these new formats.

I want to know which are and where to find all the Upgrades, Service Packs and Updates for this package in chronological order, besides this Microsoft Security Bulletin site: technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletin which is quite confusing.

Anybody knows? TIA

2. enesalpa

Feb 5, 2010
    I know these sites, thank you, but what I need is to know what are the updates that came later in chronological order. Something similar to WHDownloader that downloads and sorts all Upgrades, Service Packs and Updates by type, category, superseed, etc.

3. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Both links sorts updates by descending date
    it's the only sources you might have

as for replacing, it's enough to compare files names and the newer supersede previous

although, i don't think this product worth the hassle of tracking all that info

4. enesalpa

Feb 5, 2010
    Thanks for your advice!