Microsoft Office Outlook won't connect to email server.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by okaussie3, Nov 13, 2019.

1. okaussie3

okaussie3 MDL Member

May 23, 2017
    I have been installing the latest Office 2019, only Word and Outlook. Started this past Monday, my system won't get my mail from the ATT servers. States my encryption is not right, however, up til this week it has been fine. I get my GMAIL from Windows 10 Mail without issue.

Wonder if it is the ATT servers and their attempt to make it more secure. I have since tried other versions of Outlook and I receive email intermittently which tells me that my settings on my end must be right or I wouldn't get any email at all.
    I have tried changes in the server settings and outlook keeps telling me something is wrong and it won't save them.

So, my question is, do I have a problem with Outlook and not allowing me to change any settings, or is it ATT and their server issues?

Any thoughts,

TIA

Bill

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Lately i get called about errors with older office editions and imapi gmail account in outlook, gmail needs to be set to allow older apps, maybe there is something of help in enabling that feature (i know you use Office 2019)?