Microsoft Office Picture Manager in Office 2013

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by kalingaratna, Feb 23, 2013.

1. kalingaratna

kalingaratna MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2010
    You might have noticed that MS Office 2013 doesn't come with Microsoft Office Picture Manager Program. Office Picture Manager was removed from the suite and replaced by Windows Live Photo Gallery. Picture Manager was an excellent and small program included in Office suite which used to help users in viewing, editing and managing pictures quickly and easily. It also used to provide a few advanced image editing features such as crop, auto correct, rotate, flip, red-eye removal, resize, etc.

There are many Office users missing this nice little program and want to get it back in Office 2013 version and for them
    There is a nice little pictorial tutorial by Visal Gupta in askvg.com. (wwwaskvgcom/how-to-install-and-get-microsoft-office-picture-manager-back-in-office-2013

But for this we need two separate office suite (Office10 and Office 2013) to be run separately twice and activate twice.

Can it be possible to extract Piucture Manager from Office 2010 suite (Microsoft Office Picture Manager program is present in "Office Tools" section)
    and slipstreamed (ADD) to office 2013 suite so that it is installed with office 2013 .

Attached Files:

2. kalingaratna

kalingaratna MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2010
    Thank U vymrdal. Thank u
    No doubt these are the best freeware Third Party applications.

But many like me are addicted to Microsoft Picture Manager since 2003 's time.
    It was inbuilt, simple for basic photo editing and independent of any third party software.
    As MS has discontinued it in Office 2013 , people are deprived of a nice application.

So I wanted to know a way to extract the application from Office 2010 Suite and ADD IT TO office 2013 so that it install with the office application as it was earlier.

3. Windows Fan

Windows Fan MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2012
  4. kalingaratna

kalingaratna MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2010
    vymrdal
    Thank u to point me towards Office Customization Tool (OCT).
    Now I have something to start with.

5. Herberrrrt

Herberrrrt MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2013
    Thanks for raising this issue. :) See Windows Fan's great response! :worthy: