Microsoft Office Professional 2003 with Service Pack 3 integrated-installation error

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Vivek Rishi, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Vivek Rishi

Vivek Rishi MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Hi guys,

I don't know if this has already been answered in some other thread, but I am experiencing this issue.

I downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003, extracted Service Pack 3 files to a separate folder, slipstreamed those files with that of Office Professional 2003 taking guidence from several guides available over internet, while all telling the same.

Everything went fine, I got Setup for Office Professional 2003 with Service Pack 3 integrated.

But when I tried to install using that Setup, it failed.
    When it reaches to "copying file: Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.dll"
    it asks to insert Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 disk.

I have even downloaded ISO for MS Office Pro 2003 with SP3 integrated by ETHO, but even that failed to install ended up showing same message.

Note: the same Setup for Office Pro 2003 without SP3 being integrated, works fine.
    And I have also integrated SP3 to FrontPage, OneNote, Project Pro & Visio Pro, even they were installed without error.

2. Vivek Rishi

Vivek Rishi MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    No Sir, I have searched the folder, the file that Setup halts on is missing indeed.
    But this doesn't happen with SP2 integration level.

Hasn't any body tried to integrate SP3 into MS Office Pro 2003, and ended up with the same error message.

I tried installing on (Virtual Machine) Windows XP Pro (VL) with SP3, many times but all in vein.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. fuchslich

fuchslich MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    That's a known bug when slipstreaming SP3...

Solution:

Burn a new disk WITHOUT a volume label (-> blank).

If you don't want to burn a new disk copy it's contents to C:, D: or the root folder of an USB-Stick/HDD, remove the volume label of the disk/stick and install.

It will work FOR SURE :)

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ Vivek Rishi, Download Signet's Office Integrator as i advised it also fixes the Microsoft.Office.Interop InfoPath SemiTrust.dll problem.

6. TestPoint

TestPoint MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    This is the solution !!! :yeah:
    Working hard today using only DOS commands. If I install from the hard drive the office 2003 SP3 is working fine.
    When I make ISO image with volume label lke this "Office2003SP3" or other name, setup stop during the installation and ask me to insert the Office 2003 CD :mad: because missing or something like that the file: Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.dll

Incredible !!! :mad:

I search on the web and I found this topic :) I modify the ISO using UltraISO and I've removed the volume label.
    I mount the ISO using Daemon Tools and I do a clean installation. It WORKS !!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

I don't know why the volume label is the problem :(

Someone can explain this ? :)