Microsoft Products.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Happpy, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Hello, All!

Q: Why Microsoft products are so so expansive? If we see other IT & Software companies, they have pretty cheap products as compared to Microsoft. Can anyone knows why MS has expansive products?

Thousands of people use non-activated Windows and they activate it by different tools instead of buying origional Windows and reasons is only "expansiveness".

Some countries have good currency level like US, UK and Australia etc, so people of those countries can buy origional products but other low currency country's people cannot buy origional products. So they deserves to use different activation tools and deserve to do software crime I think.

So Microsoft should think about this matter and must work on it.

What do all people say about my post? Hope for the good discussion.

Regards,

2. ennio

ennio Guest

Microsoft to work on it, that will be the day. Not going to happen.

3. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    I think its bcoz M$ are spending that much of in their products to increase its quality..

4. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Ha ha .... That's good answer. :biggrin:

Another question is that if quite a few people use origional Windows and Office in World then how Microsoft get themselves establishment? How they give salary to the workers etc..?

Microsoft knows that their products are using as no-activated mostly, so why they still are seeing this situation? Why they don't work on it. Why they don't block Windows? I mean Windows shouldn't be installed without proper key but it install without key and everyone can use it well except getting Windows Update. Actually what's the purpose of MS?

What do all says about it?

5. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    M$ products are not expensive at ALL, as all of us use warez... :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ennio

ennio Guest

Great observation. :D :D :D

7. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Actually considering the software and hardware support expected of Microsoft, its actually quite cheap when compared to Mac :D (but then again, everything is)!

8. digital-life

digital-life MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2010
    well id like to say they are more expensive because they have the best products but i doubt thats true lol

9. Pooh the Pirate

Pooh the Pirate MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    #9 Pooh the Pirate, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
    Ok so $300 for an OS that's a bit steep, but how about $699 for a bloody Graphics Editor ! Have you looked at the price of Adobe products ? Microsoft are actually quite reasonable when compared to Adobe.
    The bottom line is that the price is where it's at because enough people are willing to pay it ! Microsoft worked out that there are x amount of people that will pay $y for their products to obtain their financial objectives, if you exist outside this spectrum then too bad. When they have collected all that they want then they might consider alternative pricings like they did in China with XP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. randomboy

randomboy MDL Junior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    I feel microsoft does make good products(usually). Our being a part of this forum itself is a proof of that ;) .The cost factor is high bcoz MS recovers from big buisnesses and govt. the cost of providing the software to us.

11. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel MDL Junior Member

May 6, 2010
    MS has sucked everyone into their standard, forcing most people to HAVE To buy/use their products. Ex: MS Office. Everyone and their dog has it, it's pretty much a standard. They also charge something ridiculous like 600 bucks for it. Even if a 3rd of the world actually pays for it, that's a LOT of cash. Then there's stuff like Exchange, and other server products, they will rape ya right up the butt there, and when you think it's over, it's not, you need to pay extra for this, for that, etc... it just keeps adding up until you get a really nice rectal infection, and oh no, it's not over just yet, you forgot something else you have to pay extra for! Other companies can charge less but still don't stand a chance to MS's monopoly.

they may not have the best products, but they do have the most well known, and "trusted" products. Trusted, as in, by CEOs and people who don't know any better. For example the company I work for will not touch Linux, even in instances where it could save them tons of cash, and hassle. Some things are easier to do in Linux, so why not use a tool that is within reach, is beyond me. I think open source could save tons of cash if done properly, by proper IT people who can support it. Even if you need an extra IT guy or two, it will still save you money.

12. Red Squirrel

May 6, 2010
    yeah Adobe is rediculous. And WTF is up with Acrobat Writer? Why is being able to edit a PDF worth thousands of dollars? Like really, it's nuts. When you have to pay that kind of money to edit a document, it's not a very portable document format. :p

13. an4rew

an4rew MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    Apple are more expensive.

14. yt2008br

yt2008br MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2010
    Best (so far) Operating System for end user. Without company competitors.

15. duh

duh MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    M$ has hundreds of employees, i guess 1000's of employees, 2 of my friends work with M$ and they hate it to the core, both are linux folks, they love the company and love to waste the time in office, than at home, they are paid highly, and they do nothing. they give typical BOFH excuses all the time for not working in office. thats why M$ products are expensive, because they need to support garbage users and garbage developers.
    well, dont think i am cool or your friend? you are wrong. i am also planning to join M$ in the linux and open source team and get paid and waste time and save personal expense money and put the burden on M$ local office so you can pay more. 2 other friends quit, they are hard working linux guys, "IDIOTS!" i mean why will someone take the pain to work more and get paid less for mental satisfaction? just run $ sleep 3600 while compiling and give the lamest ass excuse, "program is getting compiled"
    well you always pay more than you earn. so my contribution to your downfall is minimal. thats it i made up my mind. if i dont get into M$, i will try its sister concerns. i need not work yet i get paid. :-D anybody loves free lunch.

16. duh

duh MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    most of my friends who worked there? said this "$ sleep 3600" and no one is bothered. and they used to run that 3-4 times a day. well, i wont mind working in such companies where i can run $ sleep 3600 and my manager wont ask me even one bloody damn question. :-D free lunch.

17. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    The sad part is that I tried to convert to linux except sadly enough I'm a gamer and everything only runs on Windows excluding a few bits here and there on the MAC OSX Operating system. I tried because it seemed Linux was much more efficient at what it did and putting all my music library on there but it seemed like it wouldn't work that well because I game a lot with the new stuff coming out such as Starcraft 2 which I pre-ordered finally...

I wish there was a legitament way to get a alternative to Windows with all the games but there isn't so I'm stuck hackin it...

18. fdjc

fdjc MDL Member

Feb 27, 2010
    TL;DR for rest of thread

IMHO...Its because MS products are probably the most widely ripped off and counter-fitted pieces of software in the world so to maintain a fair amount of profit their prices are high.

If they had lower prices in foreign less economically stable/developed countries with little or no import tax then users worldwide would just batch order from there as most likely they could install their own language anyway in the end up.

Its also a brand thing, its like a BMW, Audi (heh I drive an A4 :cool: ) or a Mercedes, they are going to cost more than a Vaxhaull, Peugeot, Seat etc because they are proven brand names. Even if the spec of the car was similar to a lesser brand there could be like easily 5-10k difference in price.

However...Apple rip the ass out of this totally tbqh. MAC's are a rip off for the hardware thats in them and so is the iPhone, which I have and HATE the fact i must install lame ass quicktimewith itunes...

19. Red Squirrel

May 6, 2010
    While MS is expensive, I find most big vendors are just as bad. It's not so much the price that's bad, it's all the addon fees. For example you pay say, 1k for a windows 2003 license. Then you have to pay more for the cals, and if you want certain hardware support you pay more. More users? You pay more. It's always more more more adon fees. They will limit their software as much as possible to force people to pay more to remove the limits. That is what pisses me off with commercial products, and why I tend to stay away or pirate.

Then there's heavily proprietary software like Meditech (EHR app). You can pay upwards of millions just for a single module or feature. And it's not exactly the nicest program either... I could probably do better given the time and knowledge of what the requirements are to comply with HIPPA and all that stuff. It's basically a glorified database frontend, really.

20. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    You think Microsoft is expensive? In my experience, in the workplace, there's a lot of much more niche software that's a lot more expensive, and a lot crappier than anything Microsoft makes.

AutoCAD, as a decent package costs $4,000.

I've used many programs / systems that are similarly priced, yet very crappy, with commands not working correctly, very limited supported OS, eg: only XP, SP2 with IE6.

Use these and Microsoft's products look like golden quality, and a bargain.