Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by PaRaDoX, Jan 25, 2008.
can anyone give a download link thanks
no download, but reghack!
i uninstalled refresh 1 and added this key, but it hasn't found anything on WU yet
I found this on another website:
Here are 4 simple steps to get SP1 on your machine.
On Vista RTM
1. Download the script to your machine and run it on elevated prompt after
removing “.remove” from the filename.
• To run the script on elevated prompt, after you download the script, right
click on the file and select “Run as administrator” option.
• The script sets a registry key on your system. The registry key is
required for WU server to recognize your machine as a valid target for Vista
• After running the script, Windows Update automatic updates will
automatically update your machine over the next several days with the
appropriate prerequisites and then offer the Service Pack. If you would
like to install SP1 quicker you can manually do the next few steps to speed
up the process.
2. Install all pending “Important” updates and the pre-requisite updates for
SP1. You may have to repeat this several times to get fully up to date.
• Check for updates on Windows Update. Go to Control Panel ? System and
Maintenance ? Windows Update and check for updates by clicking on “Check for
Updates” in the top left of the task pane.
• You will be offered all previously released Windows Vista updates that you
may not have installed on your system. Install all applicable updates.
• If you have Windows Vista Ultimate, or Windows Vista Enterprise, Update
for Windows (KB935509) should be in this list. If you have any other
version, Update for Windows KB938371 should show up in this list. Reboot
your machine when prompted. If you do not have Vista Ultimate or
Enterprise, Update for Windows KB938371 should show up first and KB935509
is not required.
• If you reboot and rescan on Windows Update right away, sometimes times you
may not see all updates. This may be caused by the installer service
completing the install of the prior update. Please wait 5-10 minutes and
scan again. (This delay should not be required for the final SP1 release.)
3. Install Update for Windows (KB937287).
• Update for Windows (KB937287) it does not require a reboot. This is the
“installer” code for the service pack.
4. Install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330).
• Wait for 10-15 minutes prior to checking for updates again, to enable the
installer to complete it’s self installation.
• Check for updates on Windows Update again. Windows Vista Service Pack 1
IKB936330) should be available.
I have installed this, and it works fine. Makes Vista x64 build as 6001.18000.amd64fre.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840. The build number for the service pack is 1616. Another interesting note..... When I run winver.exe it shows Version 6.0(Build 6001: Service Pack 1), but there is no expiration date/evaluation anywhere.
This is reported to work only with a fresh RTM install. No other updates might be installed before.
So the bios mods are still working? What about WGA check? Still genuine?
IMO it should still work, it's getting exciting not until the WGA update.
I had all upates installed(minus the previous service pack) when I installed this morning. I also have my bios modded with a SLIC table integrated. WGA checks fine.
IMHO this will not be much different from the final SP1, as this one was officially released to only a few beta testers and the fact that I have rebooted about 5 times since installing and there is no Evaluation Copy on the desktop(and I didn't hack it to remove it).
Yes I agree!
But IMO the check for bios mod will come with the update of the WGA program!
You're probably right. In any case I'm going to go back to the unmodded bios and re-activate my OEM's. I have always found hacking anything to be intriguing. I'm sure something permanent will come about as it always does.
Finally i got it installed
Everything seems ok, i have acer laptop (but it came only with Vista Home Premium) so i have Ultimate with acer tokens installed, but obviously still using an unmodified SLIC bios. So i think i will be ok
How did you get it to work? Mine just not finding any updates, and the one I had no hack on it.