Microsoft Still Emailing Media Center Keys?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by DivinityCycle, Nov 29, 2012.

1. DivinityCycle

DivinityCycle MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2010
    Hey guys,

I have successfully obtained a product key for Windows Media Center through the current Microsoft giveaway.

However, I have attempted to obtain another key, which will be used on the media center computer I am building for my parents. I requested keys using about 5 different email addresses last weekend, so its been 3+ days, and so far I haven't received anything in reply.

Can anyone confirmed you received an WMC key from Microsoft in the last 48 hours or so?

I suspect their automated systems have just become bogged down with requests and are processing them as fast as possible, which is still slower than the expected 72 hours.

Anyone know if they're doing anything weird like "one key per IP address" or something like that? I believe I have requested keys from both my home and work internet connections without success, so I'm not sure WTF else to do.

2. Arachnoid

Arachnoid MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    Yes the wait is getting longer, I finally got one of several I asked for after around 4-5 days

3. DivinityCycle

DivinityCycle MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2010
    Many thanks, guys. That's exactly why I came to this forum. My Digital Life is awesome :) I'll just hunker down and be patient.

4. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    I got three so far, the last one I got on the 28th yesterday :cool:

5. Romar31

Romar31 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    I have 10 unsused keys. they do send keys still but you may try to wait.

6. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    the server handling the requests and posting the keys out is running on Windows RT..... so be very patient :smartass:

or maybe Julie Larson-Green is just too busy redecorating her new office with tiles to care about your request for a key.... :D

7. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    i emailed for one 9 days,4days and 2days ago with different emails and i haven't received one yet,so i thought i'd see if i could buy one,a store salesman sold me win 8 pro pack with wmc,told me it was win 8 pro with wmc,couldn't do anything with it as i already had pro,got a refund anyway,i rang microsoft for one and they couldn't give me one over the phone,why do they make it so hard to get wmc. :(

8. Romar31

Romar31 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Sent you a key. check your pm inbox.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Did you really bought an pirated Windows 8 Pro with WMC from an Store?:dontgetit:

Best at moment maybe would be:
    • install Windows 8 Pro (may you use the Windows 8 Pro WMC Pack you bought)
    • use an MS Client Key for installation (check on MDL and/or MS for those Key)
    • activate using KMS (read the stickies at MDL)
    • and wait for the WMC Key to arrive
    • or buy one from MS for US$ 9.99
    After activation with KMS you could at any time access the Add Features to Windows 8 way to key in or buy an WMC Key for the WMC to work on your already KMS activated Windows 8 Pro.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry missed that because I was write my post!

That is for sure the best way!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. butkic

butkic MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2011
    Could you send me pls one cd-key to? Thank you
    I waited 1 week and still i dont have any.

12. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    pl33s-d0n0t-r3qst-k3ys-h3r3

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    First: Posting of key's are against the rules!
    second: once a key used once could use on the same computer again only NOT any other!

14. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    Is this anywhere confirmed or just guessing?
    Never tested it and I just don't belive things that many people just write as it is one of the most dicusses issue (also with many people that just rewind catch-phrases)

15. robonzio

robonzio MDL Junior Member

Sep 13, 2012
    #15 robonzio, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012

^^ I think u misunderstand the key he was posting.
    "pl33s-d0n0t-r3qst-k3ys-h3r3" means : Please dont request keys here

16. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Rule 3.4 No requesting, posting or sharing of keys and serials, especially unique keys of paid applications. Exception: Generic OEM_SLP keys of windows OS are allowed since they are universal at preinstalled systems. ( the latter has been changed after DCMA)

...and sum of us have a sense of humour :cool:

17. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    lol yes, i quoted wrong ;) - It was only about
    ;)

18. banrek

banrek MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    I've been trying for over a week to get my hands on 1 key but no luck so far.
    I have tried everything, different IPs, different emails gmail,hotmail,aol,yahoo(x3)..any suggestions?

19. thisorthat

thisorthat MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2012
    That is classic!!

20. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    #20 Jessica Alba, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    this just made my day:boxing::suicide::wallbash::roll1::rastabanana: