Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by robmadden1, Nov 2, 2012.
You need to login to view this posts content.
I hear MS will be buying some IP in Portland Maine soon
and Apple stole it all from Xerox PARC
Funny... but AOL have used first time Tiles - in their first web page design...
Those people are always stealing. I wonder what vile things ms do in there secret labs.
Kineact and perving into peoples homes and lifes may give a person a clue.
Very true that apple came up with the first successful PC commercial product, but it was definitely not an apple invention.
Let us see.
PARC came up with:
- Computer-generated bitmap graphics.
- The Graphical user interface, featuring windows and icons.
- A Graphical user interface that is operated with a mouse.
- A WYSIWYG text editor.
- A resolution-independent graphical page-description language.
- Laser printing.
What apple added to the above was:
- Direct manipulation of widgets.
- Menu bars (pull-down menus) and trash.
- Ability of windows to overlap each other.
OMG MS has been watching me play kineact naked, thought I had a funny feeling i was being watched .
bunch of invisible jealous meatballs crying over windows 8
LOL. Too many details. .
The edit was to correct a typo, what I listed is what apple added prior to shipping to what PARC already had come up with.
As even a complete bigot can clearly see, Apple did not invent what they shipped, they simply hacked what was already invented by someone else.
But since you are so adamant that Microsoft stole it all from Apple, perhaps you ought to Google the court case (Cir. 1994) where Apple attempted to sue Microsoft over the matter.
- The court pointed out that Apple's claims fail on an originality basis.
- Apple admittedly licensed many of its representations from Xerox, and copyright protection only extends to original expression.
Apple's last desperate attempt towards salvaging its court case at the time was to return to its "complete look and feel" argument, where Apple STATED (in court, if I may add) that while the individual components were not original, the complete GUI was, unfortunately for Apple, the court rejected these arguments because the PARTS WHERE NOT ORIGINAL.
I wonder if these guys are honestly upset or if they are trying to ride coattails . surfcast.com if you want to see their webpage and look at the patents. I looked at the patents, and I don't think they have a case.