Microsoft warns of serious, unpatched Windows 7 flaw

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by robmadden1, May 19, 2010.

1. robmadden1

robmadden1 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
  2. LaZBoy

LaZBoy MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2008
    Hi.

Something odd happened me this monday (16th), that might be related to this bugg, I'm actually starting to get a bit anxious. What happened was this - all of a sudden when I am surfing the web my theme changes automatically to basic from aero, and I WTF happened? So I go into the theme manager and try setting it back to aero but it wont change no matter what I do. Anyway after a few minutes or so, clicking around trying to figure out what happened the theme changes back to aero by itself again. Didn't think much of it since but when I read these news today I thought this might be related.

What do you guys think? Could it be related? Any risk I might have been infected/exploited?

3. moosh101

moosh101 MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Hi,

Some website run scripts that cause Windows to lower its GUI graphics quality to Windows Basic. This usually happens when a site requires primary use of your graphics and multimedia hardware, and Windows reduces its graphics load to accommodate the request. Such scripts are certain flash games, heavy multimedia related sites using multimedia players, etc. When Windows recognizes that such scripts are no longer required it restores the default GUI settings back to whatever you have selected i.e., Aero. Its not something to get alarmed about - its not a bug - its a feature!

All the best,

Shane.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LaZBoy

LaZBoy MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2008
    hmm okey. Have never ever had that happen before, but I guess sometimes gotta be the first. Running games usually causes the theme to auto switch to basic due to the games not supporting the aero feature, and then it says so in the taskbar. This situation never reported the theme switch.

Thanks for your quick reply :)