Microsoft: Windows 10 Is the Most Secure Operating System

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Antilope, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    I don't believe the majority of it means psychically, more network. But remember they said the same when XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 came out. :biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    #3 Antilope, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    (OP)
    He was talking about Enterprise. A janitor with a USB flash drive can access every file on every Windows PC hard drive in an office. Most PCs are only secured with the logon password. In this case that's not good enough.

4. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
  5. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Show me I'm wrong about this.

6. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Linux > *

Be mad. Hate all you like. Troll if you feel you have to.

But NOTHING you say or do can change the fact

/end thread

7. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Nope.

These threads are best avoided like the plague. They only degenerate into silly squabbles, seen far too many of them go that way over the past few months.

8. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Silly answers, arm waving, the fact remains Windows 10 is not secure.

9. nosense

nosense MDL Senior Member

Sep 9, 2013
    What a facepalm thread...

10. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Okay we get it, you don't rate Windows and want to argue about it. We've all heard it a million times from the anti brigade over the last few months friend, we get it - you don't like Windows. Nothing to see here then, move along.

As I said you may have done better tacking your post onto the end of one of the other multitude of these type of threads.

11. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Quote- in this regard for both consumers and enterprises.

12. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Lets look at your post as so many people come here and say negative things about windows but never post anything but one or two problems, which I have no clue how this degrades an entire OS.

Actually windows is pretty secure, your entire point, besides the one on your head,:p is not about windows, that is about the motherboard. If you secure the UEFI environment, then your point has failed.

Do you have any other security flaws that ""actually"" pertain to the OS ?.

13. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    #14 nosense, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    Seems like OP never worked on enterprise windows computer work station...

Any decent admin locks down the OS with admin tools that resets the OS. So anything installed or files save will be deleted after you log off. Anything sensitive should be save to the network drive connected to your user name.

14. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    Right. I've been installing XPVLK on some virtual machines. During installation, one of the splash screens states, and I quote:"Experience the ultimate in safety, security and privacy." No way anything can be better than the "ultimate". :)

15. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    yea, they are so funny sometimes.

16. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    I worked for HP for 25 years until I retired in 2009. As of 2009 none of our networked office Windows pc's or our Windows laptop computers had hard drive encryption. They were only secured with the user password. If one of the industry giants didn't do that many smaller businesses are not going to either.

Amazing. Point out a security hole in an operating system and people shoot the messenger.

Good job folks. That should make your files more secure.

17. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Am I allowed to point out that the Windows password is a joke. Put a live distro of linux and any security the user password has dissolves instantly. Hell the easiest way is called the sticky key hack. It takes little to no effort to do.

You want security do WDE at the very least. Just because a major industry says something does not make it smart a perfect example of this is Sony.

18. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    Don't blame the OS if you or your company you work for don't know how to lock down a system....

19. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    What OS would you say can't be compromised.