Microsoft Windows 7 Updates Compatibility Center

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Johny23, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    #1 Johny23, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  2. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    i already got that through windows update..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Me too.
    By the way johny23, congratulations by the ISO9000 style of this thread, very solid!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Please support this thread. As soon as new updates are available via windows update, please post results about compatibillity, also regarding loaders.

Thanks.

5. SixKillerLV

SixKillerLV MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2009
    #5 SixKillerLV, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    Windows 7 RTM Ultimate x64

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (KB973924) Installation date: 2009.10.01. 18:37

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package and gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB973923) Installation date: 2009.10.01. 18:37

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package and gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

6. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    #6 Johny23, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    (OP)
    Thread Updated: October 2nd, 2009

First I would like to earnestly thank SixKilerLV for his contribution.. so thanks to you bro..

As for our users, I know that the updates added are not new, inlcuding SixKilerLV's updates. Actually dude, your updates were released on July, the 28th of 2009 as you can see from the official links. However, it seems you got them in retard (late).. :p

Anyways, we decided to add these updates for a reason, that is to offer a complete A-I-O guide to Windows 7 updates from the early beginnings to the very end. :eek:

A new coloring system has been introduced.. Green represents safe updates that are not likely to cause deactivation issues for those using loaders and OEM SLP activation. On the other hand, Red represents risky updates that are likely to result in such issues.. ;)

Additionally, a new dating system has been added to facilitate tracking for users..

Hope this is lifting up to the expectataions.. Please, keep this project on going and keep reporting updates to the center..

Thanks to all..

Respectively.. :cool:

7. Vidmeir

Vidmeir MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2009
    #7 Vidmeir, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  8. silvergate

silvergate MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Great! This is a nice thread to help windows 7 users understand what updates should be and not be installed especially to those who uses soft mods or any hacks. Im looking forward to this!:D

9. DarK HawK

DarK HawK MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2009
    Great Idea

This is a Great Idea, I would suggest to add the "unsafe" update in the first post in a section dedicated to unsafe updates so users can quickly check for this info.

10. M3TAL_L0RD

M3TAL_L0RD MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2009
    I have installed all x64 updates and no problems so far or at least I haven't noticed any :D

11. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    #11 Johny23, Oct 5, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
    (OP)
    Some Issues Elaborated !!

Thanks for your feedback indeed bro.. We do appreciate it in return.. :p

However, let me point out something people, I guess such a measure would be unneccessary as it would tamper the order of the updates and would make the newly added coloring system useless.. Below is my Clarification.. Please read it all.. :eek:

Towards the end, hope I made myself clear about the major points argued in this post. Besides, I hope people will get to use my suggested tip.. Eventually, thank you again for your feedback..

Enjoy.. :cool:

12. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Thread Updated: October 13th, 2009

To all the users of the Compatibility Center,

The thread has been updates with the latest updated published today, 13th of Oct, 2009. These updates include the following:

• KB974332
    • KB973525
    • KB974455
    • KB954430
    • KB975467

Everything is mentioned and elaborated in detail in the main thread.. Make sure you update your system as all updates have been tested safe.. No issues of any sort have been reported..:eek:

Genuine thanks to all of these who reported us the updates..:rolleyes:

Keep up Community!:cool:

13. Zeratul

Zeratul MDL Junior Member

Jun 20, 2009
    if people have a problem finding the updates in the list, just use ctrl+f and type in the name in the name of the update. it will search the page for the stuff you type in. fast and easy to get through a large list.

14. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    +1 Zeratul.. like your tip.. ;)

15. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    @Johny23 Would you like this thread JUST for update cataloguing with just you adding the updates? Then I can make a new stickied thread that you may discuss updates in. Similar to the OEM:SLP keys?

16. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    #16 Johny23, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
    (OP)
    Indeed.. it would be indeed more helpful to keep this thread for cataloguing purposes so that users do not have a hard time reading through "off-topic" posts.. However, if the thread is locked.. how will we be able to inform the people about new updates in the center?

N.B: Center will be updated constantly.. If posts were disabled.. tracking would become more difficult.. Unless updates will be referred to in the new sticky.. But even in that case, users will have to flip through thousands comments to reach an announcement if they reach it in the first place..

Tell me what you think bro?

Update:
    ---------------------------------------------------------

I suggest keeping it as it is for the time being.. No problems will be faced as far as all updates are listed on main thread.. Comments of testers and users of the center could go here too.. in addition to center announcements..

Sincerely..

17. Senakareb

Senakareb MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2009
    Updates Green Light

Hi

For me I have just installed 12 updates from Windows Update for WIndows 7 64 bit RTM 7600 BIOS mod on asus MOBO and everything ran smoothly.

Rock on peeps

18. Mavet

Mavet MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    There is still another one in my list:

KB 890830 - win malicious software removal tool - october 2009

It's safe to install?

19. Senakareb

Senakareb MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2009
    Kb 890830

Thats was one of the updates I installed on one of my machines that uses Hazars loader and it is still activated. The OS is windows 7 RTM 64 bit

Cheers

20. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    #20 Johny23, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
    (OP)
    All Green Till Now

Of course dude it is safe to install.. you need not to worry about this type of updates.. I'll elaborate..:eek:

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool is a tool that is released once every month by Microsoft. After install, it runs only once after a reboot and checks your system for possible malware...

Consequently, the file only scans for malware.. It doesn't interfere with any software compatibilty or OS activation issue.. For this reason, it is always safe to install this type of update without further reference..

Additionally, the update was dropped from the list on purpose.. The updates tested in the center are only those relevent to the OS itself.. and that can manipulate it or hinder its performance.. This update targets all Microsoft's Operating Systems (Not System Specific).. and merely scans your system.. "No modification".. Even if it detects some malware, it only notifies you about it.. For these reasons, this update is safe..:rolleyes:

In short, it is safe to install it.. so no worries.. go ahead..;)

Sincerely bro..