Microsoft's support rules for Windows 10 LTSB void allure to enterprise customers

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by CHEF-KOCH, Feb 26, 2017.

1. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
  2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    So my TL;DR would be; as for Win 7 also no Kaby Lake (and later Gens) support for Win 10 Ent LTSB, correct?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

like i said, LTSB is overrated

4. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    LTSB 2016 supports Kaby Lake with no issues, all the LTSB enthusiasts including myself will never use all the advance security and the new power saving features with Kaby Lake CPU's on Z270 chipsets.
    I upgraded to to the i7-7700K for performance not to be restrained by a normal Windows 10 installation.
    LTSB is fantastic once all the cr@p, junk, telemetry and other useless obnoxious services are removed or disabled thanks to MSMG Toolkit and home brew tweaks.

how often does enterprises upgrade their hardware???

5. ch100

ch100 MDL Addicted

Sep 11, 2016
    The editions to use are Enterprise if you have the opportunity and Pro otherwise. Lock them down with Group Policies if you have a need for disabling Cortana, reducing telemetry etc.
    LTSB is not the "good" one.
    Windows Server 2016 "as workstation" may be another option to try for those so fond to LTSB editions, if available.
    The trial should be available to everyone for 180 months.

6. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    well is sure that each one have your personal opinion chosing Windows O.S have those that love "inovations" good for nothing at least for me that myself use pc ever as desktop and I don't need, don't like none of "inovations" then is simple Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB for a while is the best O.S. already made by M$ this applies all related to games, performance when working with hard software as Blender, Maya, Photoshop and inumerous others applications however this O.S. requires a lot of knowledge, malicious for work correctly including good knowledge editing registry for me the principal "home" to make "arrangement" and stay O.S still better and for last refering to new cpu"s I simply forget about this is one eternal thing since Windows 1.0 for those that remember only my 2 cents;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Not entirely correct it's up to the manufactures, just because Intel not wants that not means that they could't provide the drivers. Which they already did, like MSI, Asus and others. But certain things aren't 'optimized' - whatever that means. There was an official statment about this.

8. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    The underlying problem in the Corporate environment is that the Bean Counters who are all using 1 yr old Core i7 laptops with 17 inch screens, think that it is perfectly acceptable for the minions to still be using single core 512mb pcs and laptops with 11 inch screens and failing batteries.

It is perfectly reasonable for MS to insist that corporations use modern hardware if they are going to expect support. It is not reasonable for corporate money grubbers to insist that modern operating systems work on old hardware.

9. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015

My friend has one and it works just perfectly fine with windows 7 drivers.. NO problems..

10. z0d_aWP

z0d_aWP MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2016
    #10 z0d_aWP, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    I think once you install Win10 you need to update every year if running LTSB or 6 months of you are non LTSB.
    Plus can we keep the Reg hacks / GPEdits / other hacks in place and update the OS ?? I don't think so new update would smash everything that we changed/hacked this OS, Since it follows cumulative technique to deliver updates. But usng aboddi's scripts and tricks from MDL should help but a very few people know that deep...:eek:

Huge bummer Windoze X, As for me I'd dual boot or triple boot depending on the PC which allows what and use em based off the requirements, Like with mine I need Pure-UEFI no 7 only 8.1 or 10. If that day comes when I need 10 I would simply dual boot 10 on a separate drive...

11. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    I beg to differ and so do the ent/corps that adopted it for the reasons stated. It appears to me it is just another knife by M$ to push their will on people to adopt what they want you to adopt to collect what they are forced to collect. For the smaller companies that up hardware every 3 to 4 years this is no biggy. It will definitely deter some from the hardware up grades and may effect intel/amd and the board makers, forcing them to engineer back compatibility. Along with signed drivers, M$ most likely does not care As long as the market adopts it than it will be supported. Just another don't do that scare tactic by M$ to rule the cows. I say :moon:. Can I load windows 7/ 8.1 let alone the LTSB on a new cpu:confused: give me a break.

Regards

12. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Microsoft orchestrate it with intel/amd :D

where is the business sense in offering free LTSB upgrade

13. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @abbodi1406 I agree 100%, still M$+Intel+Amd is one eternal love triangle :D

14. Feniksrising

Feniksrising MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Enjoy your bloatware.

I can understand why MS wants me on regular win10 but it ain't gonna happen. Windows 10 Home murdered my parents.