Migrate Outlook 2016 Settings and files to new PC

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by HITMAN36, Oct 19, 2017.

1. HITMAN36

HITMAN36 MDL Novice

May 13, 2017
    #1 HITMAN36, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Hi,

I'm at a bit of a brick wall trying to move my works Outlook 2016 exchange account settings and files from a Win7 PC to a new Win10 computer.

Both machines have Outlook 2016, however on my new machine my username is different, so I can't use the reg key Outlook\Profiles due to file dependencies under my old username, the outlook file I can find is a .ost type file to copy to the new machine, no .pst.

I have tried creating a new profile on the Win10 machine and entering the exchange credentials and settings I have but in the final profile process of connecting to my works exchange server results in a 'something went wrong' type message - try again.

Can anyone help me with transferring everything to the new PC, maybe a software app can do this?

TIA.

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i believe the proper way to do that is throw a migration process ....and should not be doing that before u talk to IT at your job and explain to them what u want to do.

3. HITMAN36

HITMAN36 MDL Novice

May 13, 2017
    Thanks, tried that wizard but does not work - unable to find domain controller.

All I want to do is copy my exchange settings to the new PC, so I can remotely connect and download the message store back into Outlook 2016, don't need any other files\settings, just outlook profile account settings.

4. HITMAN36

HITMAN36 MDL Novice

May 13, 2017
    Thanks for the help guy's.