Migrating MAK Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Anakunda, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Anakunda

Anakunda MDL Senior Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Hello there,

Due to possible registry damage probably I'll have to reinstall my OS completely soon (from scratch).
    Because no of currently leaked MAK keys has spare activations left, I wanted to know if I can rely that backup of existing MAK activation will be valid also on new Windows installation, same machine, same HW, but clean Windows (same user name, but different SID, ofcourse).
    Thanks for any helpful information.

2. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    you cant bet on it but it may work, Microsoft will likely give you an activation code via the automated phone system anyway if the backup fails.

3. Anakunda

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks, for the case backup fails, is the automated phone system based on real call to Microsoft, what are the costs and where do I find the phone number?

4. woebetide

woebetide MDL Member

May 28, 2007
    Worked for me with the tokens.dat and cache.dat.
    You need to know the key of course.

Install Office
    stop the ospp service
    copy the 2 files
    start office and change key
    restart service

Mak activated (even offline)

5. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    be of-line then get to the enter key window and untick the "activate online" box, enter your key and click next, you will be given a choice of free phone numbers then.

6. sirrich

sirrich MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2009

can someone help me pls how to stop this ospp service? thanks in advance newbie here. :worthy:

7. calpo

calpo MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Start => Type: services.msc => Right-click on Office Software Protection Platform => Click Stop

8. Anakunda

Feb 6, 2010
    Made clean OS reinstall whole day. Installed ProPlus2010 now. Used Office Toolkit by CODYQY backup-restore feature, and surprised how flawless it went, all products are activated and didnot even have to reenter product key,