[MISLEADING] Will Microsoft still sue Windows 10 pirates, as they did in 2013?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by windooooooooows, Aug 4, 2015.

1. windooooooooows

windooooooooows MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2015
    Maybe this is a stupid question, but I was hoping somebody could shed some light?

For example, what about people using the enterprise version with KMS activation?

Reference: news.microsoft.com/2013/07/09/microsoft-settles-3265-software-piracy-cases-in-us-and-abroad/

(Microsoft settles 3,265 software piracy cases in US and abroad)

Thank you

2. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    Yes they undoubtably will.

Probably not on day 1 as they want to get the OS out without bad press, but they aren't a charity.

3. MELERIX

MELERIX MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2011
    thats only for the people that try to gain money with piracy which is obviously an illegal thing.

4. Sammy

Sammy MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    They would mainly go after mass counterfeit production groups or web sites selling counterfeit software.

5. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    You using a machine at home...They are not going to be wasting their time

6. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    You apparently haven't read the article.

7. compgen_1534

compgen_1534 MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2015
    They don't care for people using it at home. It's only for major corporations probably.

8. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #8 CODYQX4, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

9. Vladimar

Vladimar MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    It's not a stupid question, but I disbelieve the propaganda. I disbelieve that Microsoft "settled" any cases at all. Deconstruct the word "settled". There's a lawsuit, a defendant is named, the defendant appears in court, with legal representation (a lawyer), the two sides negotiate a "settlement" and then the case is either dismissed, adjudicated, put into a "deferred adjudicated" status or whatever, with a judge, somewhere, involved.

I'd like to see any evidence at all about any cases at all being brought to a court, and then "settled", and also be whom? We know the copyright trolls sue single mothers for the alleged actions of their teenage children, and sue wealthy parents of college students in hoity-toity universities, but has anyone in recent memory read a news story where illegal, unconstitutional, international monopoly Microsoft (with it's own LONG history if illegal conduct) taking "the average joe" to court so that they can get a judgement against him for using a cracked version of Windows Vista, and then seize his house (with 20 years of mortgage payments still owed on it) and his car (with 4 years of car payments still owed on it.

Compare and contrast your own understanding of "reality" and what connotational images this news story is creating, and how likely those images are to be accurate. You are supposed to believe that 3,265 average Joes dodged the bullet here. Anyone you know? Anyone you've read about? Your neighbor? Friend? You? My instinct is that the answers are no, no, no, no, and no. No one anyone really knows has ever been sued, brought in to court by Microsoft, forced to get an attorney, faced certain legal jeopardy facing the best legal talent money can by and then managed to dodge the bullet thanks to the beneficent mercy of our Lord God and Savior Microsoft, and their paid stooges in whatever government happens to control you now. Isn't Microsoft merciful? Don't you feel like paying it money now?

I disbelieve all of it. I think there were 3,265 fictionalized cases where Microsoft pretended to go through just enough legal motions so that they could do press releases, or have their PIO talk about, or "leak" a story about all those terrified average Joes about to get stepped on and mashed into gooey paste by the illegal jack boot of Microsoft. I think it's all a lie. No Joes, no lawsuits, no courts, no judges, no attorneys, and no settlements, anywhere. Not a single Joe was harmed in the production of this propaganda.

10. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#10 AcuraTML, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
    Interesting. So from now on I can feel safe using cracked KMS activations and sleep real well after my warm milk beside the wife each and every night without fear that my software I use is counterfeit and fraud charges and perhaps other charges that get applied in these types of criminal charges are no sweat and don't worry be happy they won't go after granny and her cracked KMS windows and office thanks Vladimir I can really now sleep well plus plus your all on Windows 8 and now windows 10 even more better and safer good work. If you all know what I mean. Your all safe don't worry be happy

11. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Too expensive to sue the end-users. Plus it solves the problem going directly after the counterfeiters.

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I am sorry no. Your post appears rather useless to me....do you feel safe now or not and what has it to do with 'others'?! :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. anoopspeaks

anoopspeaks MDL Junior Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Does this applicable to windows 10 early access(you can see m$ fooled users by giving them an unfinished os just like steam early access) ?

14. mimart7

mimart7 MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2012
    All currently supported oses are technically unfinished. Updates are pushed to improve performance,. as well as plug security holes. The only time it is "finished" is when MS stops supporting it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...