Missing Icon for my Drive E:

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by lmortiss, Feb 1, 2008.

1. lmortiss

lmortiss MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2008
    #1 lmortiss, Feb 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
    HI
    I am running Vista premium and I have a partiitioned drive C:/ D:/ and E:/
    when I open up My computer I can see the new icons for my Floppy and Drive C: and Drive D: the E: is accesable but the icon as been replaced with what looks like a webpage with the right corner turned down
    I hav etried the suggestion of going into services and making sure that it is on Automatic. I can right click on the E:/ and go into properties and Tools and ruhj the fix the icon is then returned but when I come of the page and then go back to it it reverts back to the stupid little webpage thingy.
    please help as it is **** annoying

cheers
    LLoyd :)

2. trodas

trodas MDL Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Maybe Vista is sharing your "E" drive as webpage drive? :confused:
    You know. The web service my M$.
    It is possible to disable the service, just as on XP?

3. lmortiss

lmortiss MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2008
    follow up to your reply

Hiya trodas
    thanks for reply can you tell me how to disable this as you said in your reply.
    again thank you :)
    lmortiss

4. lmortiss

lmortiss MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2008
    follow up to your reply

Hello trodas :)
    your sent mw services webpage but which one do I delete I am rather confused
    cheers
    lmortiss

5. trodas

trodas MDL Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Okay, try looking for one that says something like "Web client". I'm sort of unsure there, because I have Czech windows and also Win2k or XP on folding machines. Not and never Vista, so I would quess you have to search a bit there. You can't damage your system by disabling service.
    Bot delete, you can only set it to start automatically each boot time, then to start manual (preferable) - when need/asked and then you can choose the disable / forbid starting. That is just like it says - the service cannot start. That it is. No delete ;)

6. lmortiss

lmortiss MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2008
    follow on

Hi trodas
    thanks for useful information but BT my ISP as solved it for me sometimes when another person uses your PC/ they sometimes connect to the internet thro a webpage and forget to cancel the connection the culprit my son left a notepad intro on his drive E: and of course it was causing conflict all we had to do was to delete it and al is working fine now
    again thanks for all you time and trouble. your a star :)
    cheers
    lmortiss

7. TOPGUN1627

TOPGUN1627 MDL Novice

May 10, 2008
    You have to reformat the drive first before your os(vista) can recognized or make an icon for your drive....if you go to the driver manager,you can see that its there but when you go to my computer,theres no icon...this happend to me so i just reformat and wala!..the icon of the drive appeared.Hope this helps.:D