missing nvidia control panel in win 10 1511

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by personapirata, Oct 4, 2016.

1. personapirata

personapirata MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    Sorry, I don't speak english very well. This is a semi-automatic tradution. I have had the nvidia control panel loss on win 10 (three diferent drivers). Curiously sli and surround are working but have no way to access the control panel ...Other people had the same problem. Please, Anyone know how to solve this? In my original win 7 all ok. I tried to make a debug. (vide attach). Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. personapirata

personapirata MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    #2 personapirata, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    (OP)
    Hi, Thanks for answering. I've tried everything. with 4 different types of drivers. curiously after made a new installation everything works fine, but when I use surround with SLI may occur two things: Either the loss of options control panel or not opening the application. what you think you might be happening? What you think you might be happening? there might be some conflict with the activation of the WIndows 10? Because I have no problem with my other Win 7 boot? Thanks very much.

3. personapirata

personapirata MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    #3 personapirata, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    (OP)
    ops, amazingly I did not have java installed ... will install and test the system restart, then I will do the clean install with ddu, etc. After I post here. thks

My system:
    P8z68-v (bios 3603)
    I72600k, 4.3 OC
    16gb 2133
    2x 970 Gigabyte mini
    SSD dual boot (w7 first, w10 second)
    PSU 850w Corsair.
    3x SyncMaster TA550 samsung 27' (cable ports in vga for surround: a)conversor plug dp > hdmi, b)pure hdmi, c)cable dvi to hdmi)

4. personapirata

personapirata MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    #4 personapirata, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    (OP)
  5. personapirata

personapirata MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    same behavior LOST NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL

Today I again had the same problem of loss of nvidia control panel, but with normal startup in Surround + SLI. I made two debugs with the appropriate files of effective processes that should be appearing in the Windows processes and services manager. I hope someone can help understand what happens. I wish I could have a Windows 10 (version 1511) original to compare ... Remembering that I never experienced loss of nvidia control panel on my windows 7 original. This problem affects terribly anyone who works with 3 monitors in SLI, because you can not have more control over the arrangements of the screens, or on the use of two graphics cards.

6. personapirata

personapirata MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    two more debug comparative files

sending two debug files on the same file nvcplui. one corresponds to the ok system and the other to the system running with the loss of nvidia control panel.
    thanks to everyone who might be interested in this problem.

7. personapirata

personapirata MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    Nvidia missing control panel SOLUTION!!!

Could apparently find the solution! Everything indicates that the problem was a conflict with the "ASUS AI II software suite for p8z68-v" ... After disable it from msconfig, the nvidia control panel started to work again!
    The problem now is whether the great features of AI Suite II from Asus (overclock among others) will be lost ... Thanks for Syntaur and gforce forum people... to the tip! :)

8. personapirata

personapirata MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    #8 personapirata, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    (OP)
    The problem "was not" with ASUS SUITE II. In the second reboot with disabled ASUS package, there was again the loss of Nvidia control panel. I reconnected all ASUS package and uninstalled KMS activator which causes the nvidia control panel returns seamlessly into operation so far ...
    Unfortunately I have to say that apparently i believe that problem in my case, is linked to the use of KMS Activator and Asus package... I'm not knowledge at all to know how and what conflicts are at stake here. I think that possibly have to do with hostdll the win10 ...
    I say "unfortunately" because I believe that this activator is FANTASTIC, and so I can predict, then my system will be identified as not being a valid copy to continue activated ... Anyway continue auditioning. thanks to all who have followed this thread. Remains the curiosity of the case. Thank you people of MDL! Remembering that I used Process Explorer and Windbg to observe the behavior of nvidia applications.

9. personapirata

personapirata MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    It is totally incomprehensible. Just enter the Windows 10 without KMS activator and the nvidia control panel does not start. This shows that the problem was not properly KMS activator as I suspected. I do not know to what extent the operating system is not some kind of microsoft update. Any suggestion? THE true from the beginning the nvidia drivers work first and then one or two startups exhibit this nvcplui.exe bug problem. I will continue exploring other situations.o_O