mixing cert/slic/key combination with pidgen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by noone.1, Nov 12, 2017.

1. noone.1

noone.1 MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2012
    A quick explanation please about cert/slic/key combination with pidgen:

My current system is win 7 home prem, oem, active. Bios is dell slic 2.0

My type of key is: oem_coa_slp from slmgr.vbs -dli , or oem:coa from janek2012's pidgen, guess it's the same.

Then, using my cert.xrm-ms:

I test 2 slic files:
    -one from my bios, dumped with slic-tool
    -and one created with freestyler's generator at d-fault.nl​

and 3 types of keys:
    - my own I find using produkey or slic-tool on my win 7 home prem
    - one from d-fault's oem-slp collection for win 7 home prem
    - and one from d-fault's oem-slp collection for win 7 PRO​

here the results of pidgen:
    - my key and any of the 2 slic is valid, hopefully!
    - a 7HomePrem key is only valid with dfault's created slic!
    - a 7Pro key is only valid with my slic!​

Does these results mean that if I install a win 7 pro on my pc, with my current slic, and with any oem:slp key from d-fault collection, it will be activated?! I doubt!.. So, what am I missing? perhaps am I mixing the meanings of coa/slp and valid/active terms...

An other little question: given a slic and a key, is it possible to build a cert?
    (I also tested some cert from the 'vendors' and 'oem/cert' collections I found here but none worked, be it any key, any slic)

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I don't have in-depth knowledge about the specifics, but what i do know is when your system has a valid slic for 7 you can install all sku's (starter, basic, premium, pro and ultimate) or do an anytime upgrade using the keys from daz' loader's keys.ini file and they will be genuinely activated.

3. ypvs

ypvs MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2013
    It's been a while since I last did this but I'm sure you will need SLIC 2.1 BIOS to activate with OEM keys and certs. If you can't flash the BIOS then DAZ Loader is probably the easiest way to activate W7 Pro

4. noone.1

noone.1 MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2012
    thanks for the info

In fact I have a valid win7 home prem system, yet genuine, active.
    But I have also an older hard drive with 7pro, activated with DAZ and I'm wondering if I could use it to boot on as my main drive on a new computer but without modifying the bios and preserving the activation. But that's an other question, I posted for this in win loader thread.

Here I am more curious about the fact that my cert and oem:slp home prem keys from d-fault are valid only with the slic created (slic 2.0, DELL, B9K, "ASL ") not the original dump while the win7 pro keys are valid with my slic (win home prem) only and not the one generated by d-fault ... I would have expected home prem keys could be valid with my slic while 7pro's will not... (o_O don't know if this is very clear in english, sorry...)

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    DAZ Windows Loader can install the correct certificate and key, when the slic is valid, too.

6. noone.1

noone.1 MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2012
    :)

no but, just wondering why pidgen says these 7pro keys are valid with my cert (home prem) and my slic (original dell) while the home premium keys are only valid with the patched slic... what's the trick

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @noone.1

Let's clear out some misconceptions:
    • Keys are checked against pkeyconfig, not SLIC.
    • SLICs are backward compatible, but you need appropriate certificate and SKU specific key to be activated.

8. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    #8 CaptainKirk1966, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    The oem:coa key does not require a slic table at all. So it doesn't matter if you only have slic 2.0 rather than 2.1. The oem:coa key could also be blocked by MS activation servers if it has been used too many times.

9. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    OEM:COA is just the backup key from the sticker. Even if you had no SLIC at all, the system would stay activated. OEM:COA is sensitive to hardware changes, however, and it usually requires activation by phone.
    SLIC 2.0 can provide OEM:SLP activation to Vista or Server 2008, only. Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 need SLIC 2.1.