Mod AMI BIOS Date

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Technoboots, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Technoboots

Technoboots MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    #1 Technoboots, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010

Attached Files:

2. omdhar

omdhar MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Good finding. It needs more testing on various bd. Another expected block which could have occured is resolved. Thanks.

3. Technoboots

Technoboots MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    Hopefully it will work for others, I really only did it to see if it could be done. I checked the info using the SLIC Dump tool as well as in DXDiag and both showed the modified date.

4. omdhar

omdhar MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    #4 omdhar, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
    I have tested in one of my ASUS AMI BIOS with same module, its working.Thanks:p

5. Technoboots

Technoboots MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    Glad it woked, hopefully others will be able to do the same as well.

6. DumTechie

DumTechie MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    Not working on ASUS M2N-MX SE PLUS board

I followed the steps; found out that the date was specified clearly and only at one spot for the smbios (06.BIN) module. Edited it using HexEdit XVI32 (most recent) BUT could not re-integrate the edited bin into the .rom file with the error message: this is not editable module!!!!! I have bios version: 0602 for that board, released at the end of 2008

7. In2it

In2it MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2007
    Is there is similar method for Award Bios?

8. Technoboots

Technoboots MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    I've just had a look at this BIOS and had no problems replacing modules, in this case though I found the BIOS date information in the 1B module. The 06 module just had a copy of the copyright date in it. The date which is in the BIOS is 10/29/08 so look out for 3 instances for the date in that format and one where it shows as 102908. I don't know what could be causing your problem as it didn't happen to me.

I haven't been able to mod an AWARD BIOS date but there was a thread on this board asking about it.

9. DumTechie

DumTechie MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
  10. DumTechie

DumTechie MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    Thanks Technoboots. I have extracted the 1B module and went through it to see the changes and it is terrific. I am puzzled why the MMtools version I have (3.19) is not allowing me replace the modules. My mmtools is being used in win7; wonder if I should use it in xp. But can't see why xp would make any difference. However, I do not have any other AMI bios to play with. I am planning on downloading some .rom files from net and see if I can make sense of this marvelous lil program. Are you using version 3.19 or is it some version? Anyways, thank you much for your helping hand.

11. Technoboots

Technoboots MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    I have version 3.22, I got it when I downloaded the latest version of the amitool.