Mod error: Can't reintegrate - 3 bytes too long

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Zepp, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
  2. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Hm... now I'm getting a different result. Using the above parameters and Dynamic, it is now saying "No complete SLIC table found" in the middle of the mod, asking if I want to continue anyway. When I say yes, it generates a modded BIOS... But not one I trust to flash. :D

This computer does have a SLIC 2.0 in the BIOS for Vista, as evidenced by the SLIC DUMP tool, and also, it came pre-activated with Vista (and a free W7 upgrade). So why would it say it's not finding a complete SLIC table? Is it referring to the SLIC 2.1 I am trying to use?

3. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
  4. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    #4 Zepp, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  5. weinter

Feb 19, 2009
    The EXE you mentioned is actually a scripted Winphlash.
    The method I recommend is actually create a bootable MiniDos Flash disk.
    Then use Phlash16/Phlash17 to update the BIOS in DOS Mode.
    Using this method I could flash for over 20 times with no issues.

6. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    That's encouraging. But I wonder why the sticky says for Acers specifically to use the BIOS utility [that flashes within Windows]?

IAC thanks much! Now I just have to prepare by getting a recovery plan in place in case I blow something and need to revert. :D And I need to make the bootable MiniDOS flash drive.

:worthy:

7. weinter

Feb 19, 2009
    #7 weinter, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    Anyway Note my BIOS release is modified.
    Z05_3333, Z05_3334, Z05_3334_6
    Besides SLIC, I added OSI Linux, added DSDT Processor for CPU1(It only had CPU0 originally) and Undervolted 9100M G as well.
    To recovery use CrisisDisk to create recovery Thumbdrive.
    Combination to activate bootblock Fn+Esc + On Switch
    With AC Adapter and battery connected.
    Also remember to rename BIOS to BIOS.WPH.
    If you want to game on this Laptop you need to set the fan to run on max by modifying values in the EC (Use RW-Everything to access EC)
    Otherwise the lousy fan algorithm will cause overheating & CPU Throttling.

8. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate all your help and the mod. Nice additions! Just made the bootable flash drive with everything needed, and now will make the Recovery Thumbdrive, or at least copy the files to my other laptop so I can create it there, if need be.

Will flash the BIOS tonight or tomorrow (if I run out of time tonight) and will let you know how it went. FTR I rarely game, and have a desktop I built for that when desired. :)

Do you own this model laptop? I know many volunteers made many mods for people, but with all the changes you made to the BIOS, was wondering if you're running this mod yourself? Thanks again!!

9. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Just caught this and wondered, is this because you undervolted the 9100, or ...? Not that I am going to game. But I am curious why you undervolted the card... just so the battery would last longer?

10. Kelley

Kelley MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    hello weinter! :) any chance you made an unmodified mod?

11. weinter

Feb 19, 2009
    #11 weinter, Mar 11, 2010
    I am using the Acer Aspire 4530.(Typing from it)
    The reason I undervolted the 9100M G is to save energy and produce less GPU heat.
    Originally Voltage run up to 1.1V but 9100M G only need 0.92V to run stable even during gaming (Because it is a entry level GPU it doesn't need much power).
    So the extra power is wasted.
    And I am using the BIOS I modded myself even gaming on it (BF2) =)
    So it is CONFIRM WORKING!
    I still haven't figure out how to improvise the fan algorithm because the original Acer Aspire 4530 BIOS is pretty dumb.
    When it is hot the fan should spin faster to cool it down but instead it turns itself off if it isn't dumb I don't know what is.
    If anyone where in the ACPI Control the fan behaviour please let me know so I can correct that crappy code.
    The workaround is to use RW-Everything (or 1810Tray from Notebook review Acer Section) to manually force the fan to spin at max rpm so it will not even hit 80 degrees.
    If the BIOS isn't working I will be the first to know.
    Also to save even more energy undervolt the CPU using K10STAT(Google).
    NOTE: You need to test the voltage with Intel Burn In(Google) to make sure it is stable
    If all goes well you will probably get +30 Minutes of battery runtime.

12. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    WHOO-HOO! Used your 3336_5 Mod and am activated!! (A legit, free W7 upgrade to be clear!) Great job, weinter! (And I flashed before I read this latest post from you!) Yes, the Acer has a fan issue that's annoying, but I bought a Toshiba laptop at the same time I got this Acer, and I just love the Acer even though the Tosh makes NO fan noise, even when it comes on. But it has subpar Intel graphics, so that's probably why it runs cooler. I never really use the Toshiba (I put XP on it as a backup system). I like the feel of the keys of the Acer and the nVidia graphics b/c I watch lots of TV and movies. Laptops don't make the best gaming machines because of lack of airflow, as you know. :biggrin:

Very cool about undervolting the card to save some heat and battery power. I looked into undervolting when I first got the Acer because of the fan issue, but never did it before and after reading a lot about it, still didn't feel confident doing it. Maybe I got distracted. Now that you undervolted the 9100 for me, maybe I can tackle undervolting the CPU. Thanks for those tips and links!

And thanks again for a GREAT MOD!! I already gave you rep earlier in the thread, or I would again! :D

:worthy:

13. weinter

Feb 19, 2009
    #13 weinter, Mar 11, 2010
    Anyway I just uploaded the latest version of that Mod.
    Originally I didn't add CPU1 \_PR_ in all the BIOS I uploaded (too lazy)
    So I just did that so now all the mods are updated.
    You can reflash the BIOS in DOS Mode again without affecting the Windows Activation Status.
    If you open RW-Everything after flashing the new Mod you should see this in the DSDT Tab
    Name(_PSL, Package(2) {\_PR.CPU0, \_PR.CPU1}
    Originally it was only
    Name(_PSL, Package(1) {\_PR.CPU0}
    Means ACPI only monitored the CPU Core 0 for temperature changes I modified to to monitor both Core 0 & 1

14. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Darn! One little problem... when I boot into Vista now (in D:\) it comes up as not genuine and not activated... whereas it was genuinely activated by Acer when I bought the laptop, and has been genuinely activated all along. (That's how I got my free W7 upgrade.) I want to keep Vista awhile longer, until I have a chance to build up W7.

Vista seems to use a tokens.dat file for activation. Any chance you could steer me in the right direction to fix this? (This also happened when I used the Daz loader in W7, which is why I opted to uninstall it and mod the BIOS instead, as I read that was the only way to get a dual boot with W7 and Vista to work.)

Suggestions welcome! :D

15. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Ok, thanks again! So that feature wasn't really setup for dual core CPUs... that's interesting since they put a dual core in it!

16. weinter

Feb 19, 2009
    The issue is because your Vista uses SLIC2.0 Acer Certificate.
    So all you need to do now is
    open Command Prompt with Admin Permission
    Download the new Acer 2.1 Certificate run slmgr -ilc Acer2.1.xrm-rs

17. Zepp

Zepp MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    I tried this using the same acer 2.1 cert I used to activate W7. Copied to Vista's root and ran command as admin. (Acer cert exact name acer-ACRSYS-2.1.xrm-ms), and got the following error after a few moments:

Script: c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs
    Line: 1648
    Char: 9
    Error: the data is invalid
    Code: 8007000D
    Source: (null)

Btw, Vista is actually in D:\ but sees itself as in C:\ because it was originally installed in C:\ before I put W7 there. So when I moved Vista to D:\ by restoring its image to D:\, I did a reg edit to make it think it was still in C:\ cause it wouldn't boot into the desktop because it was looking in W7's C:\ drive for its files... not realizing it now lived in D. :D So I swapped drive letters C:\ and D:\ inside Vista. Maybe this is somehow complicating the issue now with the licensing stuff... Vista expects to see a 2.0 SLIC in BIOS, thinking it is in C:\ and head hauncho?