modded bios for asus p5b se, ami 1103 to be used with sandforce chip, vertex 3 ssd

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by jocomoco, Feb 11, 2012.

1. jocomoco

jocomoco MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2012
    Hi,

I was advised on the ocz forum to find a modded bios so that I can use my vertex 3 ssd with my mobo (see below the post to the ocz forum).

At the moment I am having data corruption issues.

I was told that somehow using a modded bios could help.

Could some please explain me how that could help ? and where can I get such a modded bios ?

Cheers

Jozsef

ps.: this is my post for the ocz forum:

Hi,

I have the following problems:

(I'm using Win7 64 bit, with an Asus P5B SE Mobo.)

1) If I download an iso file (ubuntu install) for which I know the md5 checksum and when I calculate the md5 checksum on the downloaded file, I got a different value for each download. Interestingly, if I take out the vertex 3 drive and use a normal HDD everthing works fine.

2) If I have the vertex 3 plugged in I cannot even boot linux from a CD. I need to remove the vertex 3 drive so that I am able to boot from a linux CD.

3) Blue screen crashes every other day.

4) Problems during unzipping files on other drives than the vertex 3. So, I do not only experience problems on the vertex 3 drive but also on other drives. Note that this is only happening if I have vertex 3 plugged in. If I remove vertex 3, everything is fine.

Strange, Any suggestions?

Jozsef

and this is the reply:

4 year old bios is the reason.
    your best chance for sandforce compatibility with this old board is to flash a modded bios to it.
    a lot of these p5 variants did not even offer ahci as a storage option.
    search google for asus p5b se modded option rom.

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #2 NoJuan999, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jocomoco

jocomoco MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2012
    Thank you ! I will try this. Jozsef