modded BIOS

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by zaibatsu2000, Nov 4, 2007.

1. zaibatsu2000

zaibatsu2000 MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2007
    guys i have a Compaq Presario v3609TU with a Phoenix F.13 BIOS
    when i try to access the BIOS during startup, i can only access disk check and disc scan, no other options. so i supposed that my bios is locked. is there a way to unlock it so that i can access all the options. please help thank you.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    You cannot access the setup by pressing F12 during bootup?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zaibatsu2000

zaibatsu2000 MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2007
    thanks for replying yen, i could access the bios but there were only two options that i could access, disk scan and check or smth like that. the bios wudnt display any other info like the fan speed or system time or boot sequence or anything so i wanted to know if i can get any help on that in this forum?
    i mean can i get the latest bios for my MB here without the locks?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i also have another enquiry, i have a acer 5920g as well. to install xp on my acer, if i change the harddisk mode in bios to IDE from SATA, will i be able to change it back to SATA after i install XP?
    i want to change it to IDE just for installation purpose but want to run it as SATA after installation as its faster than IDE i suppose.

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #4 Yen, Nov 9, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...