Modded Dell BIOS has stopped working

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by logger, Feb 19, 2011.

1. logger

logger MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    #1 logger, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
    Hi,

This modded BIOS was working perfectly until just now. Can I get some pointers as to why it would now be failing. I modded this myself with the standard mod tools and its been working like a charm up until today.

Modded Bios Post

Regards

Logger

2. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
  3. Lugher Angelaxy

Lugher Angelaxy MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2008
    Same thing just happened to me. Been years with no problem with modded bios and suddenly this morning my desktop got blacked out with not genuine notification at bottom right. Like OP, i modded the bios myself with Dell Slic.
    thx.

4. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Well, this is what happen when people try to do something without attempting to understand the process...

5. logger

logger MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    #6 logger, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
    (OP)
    Actually thats not true.

The original poster, being me, has been too busy to follow this up. Will post requested info shortly. However I have come back here because this has now happened again on a completely different laptop since SP1 and latest patches were applied. This second laptop is a LG P1 Express Dual running a modded bios with an Acer 2.1 SLIC. Fresh install of Win7 OEM x86 OS, comes up activated until after SP1 + a couple of additional patches. Then you get not geniune on the desktop. I hadn't yet applied the Acer Cert or OEM SLP as it was coming up activated until that point. So I went and applied the Cert and OEM SLP key, reboot, same problem.

Requested a geniune check and it failed.

Houston, we have a problem.

logger

6. logger

logger MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    Hi,

1. SLIC Toolkit reports Validated and Cert. OK on BOTH the Dell and LG where this is now failing,.
    2. For the Dell I used the Dell Key and Cert. For the LG, I used the Acer Key and Cert as that is what came with the modded bios.

Anything more I can provide?

logger

7. logger

logger MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    #8 logger, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
    (OP)
    This is now failing on a third computer. Is there any word on this? This one is an ASUS P5B-MX motherboard. If there is *ANY* information that I can provide to assist please let me know.

Logger

8. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    Using SLIC Toolkit find and post the PKey here. It may be that it's an old blacklisted key.

9. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Or it could be that the Windows Activation Service is failing to run successfully.

@logger
    1. Open a Command Prompt via right-click and "Run as Administrator". Run "slmgr /dlv" and post a picture of the dialog box.
    2. Have you tried re-importing the certificate and product key?