Modding Acer Extensa 5635ZG BIOS

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by rdb, Aug 17, 2010.

1. rdb

rdb MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    Hello,
    I just got an Acer Extensa 5635ZG and after trying to run vmware server on it I come across the issue of not having the "virtualization" (VT) enabled on the BIOS.

After googling around I come into this forum, and after a lot of reading around, I understood that it would be possible to "MOD" my BIOS to do a bunch of extra stuff that is just there disabled by default for no particular reason.

If I understood well, most of the mods are related to modifing the BIOS to make the activation process of Windows 7 easier, but I just want to enable VT.

Since I'm not an expert on this "mod things" I thought it would be better to ask for help before doing some damage...

Do I need to flash the BIOS for that or is there a simple way to "activate" the feature with some windows utility?

If the option is to "flash the bios", shall I post to the other sub-forum and someone will kindly provide me with a modified version of my BIOS?

If there is a "tool", what tool is that and how can I used it?

(I have read the forum, but there is simply too much information for me to understand of be sure)

My BIOS is the following:

h__p://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_3311_A_A.zip?acerid=634011943430589874&Step1=Notebook&Step2=Extensa&Step3=Extensa%205635Z&OS=V10&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_6

Thank you for your assistance!!

2. bluecatfish

bluecatfish MDL Junior Member

Apr 8, 2009
    This might help you.

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/7143-VT-Enable-For-Insyde-BIOS

3. rdb

rdb MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    Thank you bluecatfish for you help.

In the mean time I kept googling around and the "procedure" to find out the offsets to patch the BIOS it's too risky for me...

I'll wait for some "power user" to find a way to patch the Extensa series...