Modding an Insyde BIOS, but Cannot find FD file

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by opakedragon, Mar 11, 2011.

1. opakedragon

opakedragon MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2011
    Ok so I am trying to learn how to mod my BIOS, but I keep running into a snag.
    Computer: HP Pavilion dv7-1020us Entertainment Notebook PC
    BIOS Link: ftp-colon--slash--slash-ftp-dot-hp-dot-com/pub/softpaq/sp51001-51500/sp51315.exe
    I am trying to figure out what FD file I need of the three FD files in the exe:
    30F3F2D.FD
    30F3F2D0.FD
    30F3F2D1.FD
    I tried the platform.ini in both places:
    How do I figure it out? Or do I just use all three? like in these instructions, - http-colon--slash--slash-forums-dot-mydigitallife-dot-info/threads/13358-How-to-Use-New-Phoenix-Bios-Mod-Tool-to-Modify-Phoenix-Dell-Insyde-EFI-Bios-Files -(since I just joined the forum and apparently cannot post a link yet...), says to do with .rom or .bin files? (or am i completely confusing the instructions?)

Thanks for the help!

2. delixis

delixis MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2008
    The correct FD file is the file that have the correct file size.
    It should be 2048 Kbyte. Or you can try open it by the phoenix mod bios tool. If it the correct file, it will say so.

3. opakedragon

opakedragon MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2011
    all three are 1024 kb.

4. delixis

delixis MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2008
    Then open it all but one by one by Phoenix modify tool.

Or have a look in your bios screen. My Hp have the version name indicated.

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #5 911medic, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
    They are all proper bios files.

The pack is for various models, when you run the flasher it chooses the correct one for the system by using flags. Best to mod them all and run the flasher to find which one you need.

Per your other post you seem to have been successful. You need the certificate in addition to the serial to activate..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...