Modding Non Dell BIOS With Dell SLIC ?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Dirty Bint, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Dirty Bint

Dirty Bint MDL Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Hi,

I have an Asus P5QL/EPU motherboard in my PC with an AMI BIOS. Can this BIOS be modified to contain a Dell SLIC v2.1 so that I can use a Dell Windows Ultimate disk for an install without the need to load manually load certificates after the install?

My logic is that if the install is done with a Dell disk then the install process will configure the Dell certificates, then when Windows Ultimate checks its validity, the correct SLIc v2.1 will be in the BIOS ?

Will this work?

Rgds
    Dirty Bint

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #2 NoJuan999, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
    Yes, you can add DELL SLIC 2.1 in the Asus P5QL/EPU Bios and then a Dell OEM disk should install the certificate and serial for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dirty Bint

Dirty Bint MDL Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Thanks for the confirmation that it will work.

I have searched the AMI BIOS requests thread for this specific modification and although there are other BIOS modifications for the Asus P5QL/EPU there does not seem to be a Dell SLIC v2.1 modification. I have placed a request in the AMI Requests forum in the hope of some assistance as I have neved modified a BIOS before and am a bit worried about "toasting" my PC.

Rgds
    Dirty Bint