Modern UI not working with an unsigned webcam

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Boi_pants, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Boi_pants

Boi_pants MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    My webcam is an old eyetoy one, and works perfectly fine in desktop mode with all applications like skype desktop mode and the actual applications it came with, but does not work with any modern UI apps, like the Skype app or the Camera app, it doesn't show up as a webcam, only a microphone. Apparently this is due to the drivers being unsigned, and its a reasonably common problem, but no one seems to know a solution. So my question is, how can i make my unsigned webcam work in metro?

2. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    I have a friend with a WiFi Foscam that they couldn't get to work in Internet Explorer due to the situation you describe. Solution was as follows: Run Internet Explorer. Select "Tools" > "Internet options" > "Advanced" > Scroll down the list to the "Security" section and check the box "Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid." Windows will complain when you attempt to load the driver, but it will now the allow the driver to load. Be mindful that you won't want to allow any other drivers unless you know they are safe.

3. Boi_pants

Boi_pants MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    tried that, didn't help unfortunately

4. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...