Modify BIOS build date

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by In2it, Mar 2, 2010.

1. In2it

In2it MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2007
    Posted following in "Award & Ami mod requests" but received no reply, so

Since WAT KB971033 released it has been mentioned several times that if build date of BIOS is pre Win 7 then it is more likely to be picked up as pirated. I have no intention of loading KB971033 but later in year it will almost cerainly be part of SP1 which i will probably want, hence i want to be prepared. I have Award bios modded with AndyP's
    tool and all is OK but date is 2007. Is there any way to change Award bios build date?

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  3. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    when i was learning about how to Hard Mod, i ran into a post that dealt with this very topic: BIOS date that are before Windows 7 causing problems.

Some guy said it's not true, because has an old laptop from years ago that he upgraded to Windows 7 legitimately. he has no problems. but it makes sense. there are people with older computers that have upgraded to Windows 7.

i think the date is not the only factor. it may be a combination of things that Microsoft looks at.

hope this helps, i wish i had the link to the post.

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I can only speak from personal experience but my old board is a socket 939 which pre-dates Vista and it had no problem with the update.

I even uninstalled the damn thing and it is now showing up again as an available update.

So in my opinion this update has flopped so far - the BIOS date or anything else did not matter on my nearly 4 year old computer.

I think a lot of people who probably should stick with a legitimate bought version are panicking, making mistakes and cannot fix them and posting here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    maybe it was your post that i had seen ? :)

6. danny3456

danny3456 MDL Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I don't think we should criticize people for this, guy. It is natural for people to take the benefit of doubt. If someone has been able to do it, why not to perfect it????

7. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Sorry - not criticizing - stating my opinion.

If people cannot take the time to at least try and read some of the info here they should probably not try to use workarounds to Activation - certainly not modifying their BIOS which can go wrong for experienced users.

Again - just my opinion after seeing so many posts by some members who by their own admission do not know if they made a mistake and their experiences do not align with experienced members who do not appear to have these hassles.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...