Monitor and halogen bulb tripped two times circuit breakers. Questions.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by sew333, Sep 15, 2020.

1. sew333

sew333 MDL Junior Member

Mar 5, 2016
    I had a good monitor AORUS AD27QD. 3 months ago when I was sleeping monitor was on.
    I left running Metro Exodus game.

When I woke up all electricity went down. After switching up 2 breakers for outlets and lights, power back . I have different wiring here in Poland. So dont ask about circuits.
    Pc worked fine. But monitor was not turned back. No lights when pressing button,nothing.
    I sended to rma. Here is shop RMA message:

Shop:"We repaired PSU and sending back good monitor to client"

Is this possible that psu of monitor can trip breaker/s then if psu inside monitor, failed?

Also I was using a lot this monitor,playing games and left running games for 20 hours for some reason,when I go slept. I know it was stupid.

But. 1 month ago something tripped 2 small breakers again. All electricity went down again. Then.......I go to bathroom and saw that one of 3 halogen bulbs no lightning. So one bulb get burned. Not again ( my luck ) psu of monitor.

I guess I had bad luck with monitor ( 3 months ago ) and bulb ( 2 weeks ago )?

PC:
    Aorus AD27QD
    AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING
    Aorus 2080 Ti waterforce stock
    2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP
    9700K STOCK
    Seasonic TX-750W TITANIUM PLUS PRIME

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    does gaming monitors have bulbs inside??? ...strange issue never heard of a monitor bulb tripping up breakers :eek:

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Shorting can cause stuff to break. Maybe buy a UPS for the pc/monitor?

4. sew333

sew333 MDL Junior Member

Mar 5, 2016
    I have a question. About that propably halogen bulb. Is this possible that psu in pc tripped breakers,and not halogen bulb?

BUT PSU OF MONITOR IS NOT THE SAME OF PC?
    So thats why i am asking about pc psu now.

If 3 months ago monitor psu blowed , then maybe 2 weeks ago it was not bulb but psu of pc? But like i said pc working. Also psu in monitor have not the same safery features like psu in pc?

Please answer. I am not cooled down <Lol>

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    = keeps the power on to be able to turn it off properly when there are power problems and many have power surge protection.