more probs and not even started

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by pikacho, Mar 29, 2015.

1. pikacho

pikacho MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015
    Before implementing on the real enviroment i was testing server 2003 and xp on other computer with vmware...

And for my surprise... i had a kindly strange problem from the server already setup as AD and the winXp, joined to the domain, i tried to install a 2 different msy through GPO with no luck...
    OA-->GPO-->Computer config, installation software,,new package select from network share not from local path, assigned.
    On the xp machine when loggin in it says aplying software..
    and in add remove program the program appears to remove it but no files or shortcut links appear anywhere...
    The msi is on a share which the user has read permission.
    Any clues?

Also for installing software on the computer users, appart from GPO through AD what ways are there?
    -Install from user comp using local comp account will that apply to the user domain account also?
    - Install run as admin of domain

Another issue, i have is installing the ERP on my test enviroment i just cant get working navision 3.6 which is the only thing working on the machine we have to reinstall the system... (If they cant get the erp working.. theyll kill me :D :D)
    I get the service of the server running on the server, but opening the client cant connect to the server nor open database from filepath...

And also when installing the client on the xp machine as local account you can open the app but installing it as part of the domain the app doesnt open...

Im going crazy....

2. pikacho

pikacho MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015
    Got it... it was because under GPO user ,user config,windows config, remote installacion services, properties==> Automatic installation wasnt enabled.
    ^ ^ Probably not the exact names because im not in a wserver in english lang, but yoll get what i mean.