Mother Board Serial Number and Model Number Editing

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by warezdown, Jul 10, 2010.

1. warezdown

warezdown MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2010
    #1 warezdown, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
    How to edit Phoenix Bios Mother Board Serial Number and Model Number

Last week I have replaced the Mother board in my Vaio VGN-FZ35G. Worked fine when I got it back

When I tried to update the drivers with the Vista Home Premium drivers from Sony's website. None of the patches would apply and all gave me the messages that I had the wrong model. Also my vaio recovery center is not working.

While changing the mother board, the vaio service center failed to put my serial number in the Bios (which currently has it as 01234567-1234567. Sony's patches and Restore Discs all rely on this number to tell them what model number the laptop is.

So, I need to update my Phoenix bios with my serial number. I downloaded the Phoenix Bios Editor to do this but it needs a .rom file to edit. It does not backup the bios so you can edit it. Also, I could not find a copy of the R2110J7 Bios.

So i am looking for a program to edit my model name and serial number from windows/ dos. Then I can recover my laptop from recovery partition and install the latest updates from vaio website.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I would contact the vaio service center first before you go messing around with your bios it is their mistake.

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You can do it with PHLASH16...

see these switches.:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. warezdown

warezdown MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2010
    Hi, 911medic can you plz tell step by step procedure fir editing the serial number. because i am newbie in bios side... Thanks

5. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    If you are new to this kind of thing i really advise you not to get involved with these kind of modifications. Its asking for trouble and the most likely outcome is going to be a bricked motherboard. I think you should follow Urie's advice. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...