Moving file from network drive to usb drive

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Bat21UK, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Bat21UK

Bat21UK MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    Hi all does anyone no of any software what will let me move file from network drive to usb without removing the file Structure so just the files so like sync but it move the files not copying. what the files on network drive to delete

IE Week and inside you have all the days of the week, and on the usb you have the same i want to move all the files in inside the directory's on the network drive to the usb so that the network drive still has the directory's but no files in them

i hope that make sense

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Looks like you don't know what you're talking about.
    Windows never moves any bytes to another disk or drive, it is always copied to new place, if it has been copied it will be checked (verified). Once the file has been copied, you can either keep the previous one (ie source) in its original location or delete the original (ie source) file.
    If you want to move a file to another location on the same drive, the file's address and indexes will be changed, and the file itself will not be moved anywhere, it stays on the same place where it is.
    It's up to you whether you want the old location (in the original folder) to have a link to the new file location.
    The easiest way to copy, move, or sync files is always to use Windows command-line commands. Then you can write exactly the commands and rules you like. So I suggest you check them out if you are not yet very familiar with windows commands.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...