mozilla firefox

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by implague, Jul 21, 2010.

1. implague

implague MDL Junior Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Hey,guys i am facing this problem since this morning i am using FF 3.6 on win7 X64 Ultimate and IDM 5.19 this works gr8 for the time but donno why mozilla blocklisted the IDM frm today morning so i wanna know is there ne way to reenable the IDM extention for FF and my another question is is there any way to use the backedup profile of Firefox to restore that in Opera not only the bookmarks but the whole thing like passowrds and all that in the simple language i want to use the FF profile for Opera plz help me out on this problem
    (i use mozbackup to create a profile backup)

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    IDK about a profile backup but IK youcan go into the options of IDM and re-enable it. If that does not work then uninstall IDM, restart, then install it again and you should be good.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. implague

Oct 30, 2008
    nah its not like only my blocks it does happen to som other too BTW i already did that wat u suggesting to reinstall the idm

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    IDK then, I would go to IDM Support and tell them what happened. Maybe a firefox update that messed it up. I know that firefox was just updated to 3.6.7 recently. Maybe that might be why.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Been a while since it tried opera but i'm almost certain you can import bookmarks, passwords e.c.t from firefox. Also have you not tried Jdownloader.

6. implague

Oct 30, 2008
    nope i dont like the JDownloader its lill messy for me though u told me tat i can import bookmarks,passwords from FF but will u plz tell me the method to do it i ve searched a lot on Google but aint find nothing plz do help

7. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    #7 MasterDisaster, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
    To import FF bookmarks to Opera
    • In Firefox, Open Organize Bookmarks --> Import and Backup -> Export HTML
    • In Opera, Open Manage Bookmarks --> File -> Import Firefox Bookmarks
    • Select the HTML file you saved in FF

8. implague

Oct 30, 2008
    nope not working opera not accepting the FF bookmarks".json" file

9. implague

Oct 30, 2008
    i've solve the problem editing the extension value in FF but still stuck with the importing Firefox profile to Opera

10. SavinivaS

SavinivaS MDL Junior Member

Sep 19, 2007

It didn't work because you didn't follow MasterDisaster's instructions!

In Firefox, there are 2 ways to "back-up" your bookmarks to 2 different file types. In the Organize Bookmarks function:

1. Selecting "Backup" results in a .json file
    2. Selecting "Export HTML" results in a .html file

Follow MasterDisaster's instructions to create a .html file from Firefox and import it to Opera.

11. sararocs

sararocs MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2008
    Yes, ff blocked my idm-right-click option, too. This happened when we updated and the new security thinks the idm addon is a security risk. You can override this by typing, "about:config" in the address bar, then click, "I promise I'll be careful" when that button comes up. Scroll down to "extensions.blocklist.enabled" and look over to the right. Double-click "true" under "values" which will change the entry to "false". That is what you want...."false". Close your browser and idm option should be working again when you open back up.