mp3 player sticking on Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by leexus, Oct 7, 2009.

1. leexus

leexus MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2009
    Hi,

The Win7 sticking the sound output when I'm playing mp3 files with the latest Winamp.
    The symptoms looks like a CPU problem used to be, but there's no CPU overload, Winamp gets about 4-6% CPU only, there're no CPU hangs.

It sounds as an interruption with several repeats of the actual samples (milliseconds).

Sometimes it doesn't appears for minutes, sometimes it comes in every 10-15 seconds. :(
    I tried to configure the Winamp's buffer settings, but there are no difference at the results...

I'm using RTM. This problem wasn't detected before on Win7 RC and on RTM without any hotfixes. Now, my OS is fully patched with hotfixes and a little bit slowed down.

I'm using the latest sound drivers of Win7 installed for my notebook.

What could this be? Could you help me, please?

Thanks a lot!

HW: Toshiba Tecra S1, P4 1.7 CPU, 1 Gigs of RAM, no Aero (32MByte Ati video card).

2. Adidas

Adidas MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    First thing

I guess the first thing we should check if it happens to you only with WinAmp or also with WMP.

3. leexus

leexus MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2009
    hi

I uninstalled the WMP - i hate it!

of course, I'll check it with several players soon and I'll tell you the details.

thanx for 'till.

4. Adidas

Adidas MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    I think these are the steps you need to follow:
    1. Check with another MediaPlayer - if problem allso occur continue
    2. Login to PC in "safe mode" and see if problem continues. if not its a software issue
    3. if its a sofware issue see if you have anything installed related to sound like DFX etc.
    try uninstalling them one by one to see what's causing the issue

5. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    It probably won't work in Safe Mode as it's a limited use and limited driver environment.

@leexus:
    You seem to be having quite a few problems, maybe your copy of Windows 7 is bad.
    If you still have the image you burned to DVD around, check the CRC/MD5 to see if it matches up. Or just download a new copy and verify it before you burn.

6. leexus

leexus MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2009
    My Win7 copy is an official from MS Volume Licensing Program.
    There could be something else...

This problem was found with other media players like AIMP2, KMPlayer.

There were no DSFX or any other effect add-in installed.
    The only thing was the I uninstalled the Win7codecs Pack by Shark - a great Pack! - but there's no sense, the problem still appeared.

I'll try to install older sound drivers, maybe it helps. I have no other idea :(
    It's a hard way, because the Win7 was installed the sound driver, not me. This means there's no min. Vista-compatible WDDM driver for this device by the Vendor (Toshiba), so only XP drivers in XP-Mode installation could work.

The integrated soundcard type is Analog Devices Inc., the latest driver version for XP is 5.12.1.3528. I'll check the Win7 driver ADI sound driver version before I try.

If you have better idea, don't hesitate to share with me. :) Thanks

7. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    #7 Reign_Of_Freedom, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
    I had that issue before. I originally thought it might be that the mp3's were corrupted but that was not it. So i went and uninstalled all the sound drivers then reinstalled them that fixed it. Some of the early M$ drivers were crap.

So if at all possible download from the vendor if you can but try to find the Vista driver if you can't find the Win 7 driver. I don't use WMP anymore i use Jet Audio much better then WMP IMO.

Edit: You can also check with your MoBo manufacture and see if they have a recent Sound Card Driver. I know Analog makes SoundMAX, is that the on board sound you have?