MS edge going down?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Doghen, Oct 8, 2017.

  1. Doghen

    Doghen Guest

    hey there, iknow there's a new browser for windows 10 called MS edge Browser..
    but do you think its' going to be a fail or end in some years or will RD or MS still make Edge better in future? and will RD or MS still support MS Edge?
    just a question xD
     
  2. TairikuOkami

    TairikuOkami MDL Addicted

    Mar 15, 2014
    715
    592
    30
    Was is it ever "up"? Edge is deeply rooted into the system, just like IE, it is too dependant on everything, and that is MS's biggest mistake, but it will be around, so people can download other browsers.
     
  3. Doghen

    Doghen Guest

    Hmm yeah iknow, but will MS edge still be supported many years by RD or MS because they only have reached 5.12% on Browsermarketshare.. xD
     
  4. °ツ

    °ツ MDL Addicted

    Jun 8, 2014
    637
    739
    30
    There is some situations where you might need to use Edge like watching Netflix in 1080p or watching official Apple event live streams.
     
  5. Doghen

    Doghen Guest

    Hmm iknow, but i love MS Edge but will it still be supported many years by RD or MS because i hate Google chrome and i don't know if Mozilla firefox will as browser :( ...
     
  6. GOD666

    GOD666 MDL Expert

    Aug 1, 2015
    1,972
    2,018
    60
  7. Doghen

    Doghen Guest

    xD i don't like Google chrome but i have heard Mozilla firefox will not survive long these years and will be ended for all platforms because it's losing users :s what browser should i use then? :O
     
  8. Doghen

    Doghen Guest

    what they say? iknow firefox is losing users but i think it will not survive long as browser (open-source) or i'm wrorng?
     
  9. dhjohns

    dhjohns MDL Guru

    Sep 5, 2013
    3,276
    1,731
    120
    FF is not so good. I tend to stay away from anything Mozilla.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. pisthai

    pisthai Imperfect Human

    Jul 29, 2009
    6,861
    2,029
    210
    Every browser has its Advantages and Disadvantages! So, it's up to the user to find the best one for his/her use and need! It could be THIS, THOSE, THAT or whatsoever!!

    So just test out what is the best for your personal needs.

    And just to mention, in middle of December this year, AIM from AOL will disappear forever! That was announced some weeks ago.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. pisthai

    pisthai Imperfect Human

    Jul 29, 2009
    6,861
    2,029
    210
    I wouldn't mind what all those test's and compare's are showing! The only thing what's interesting for me is, to have it useful for my own needs. Overall, it's not the browser only which matters, it's the Country where it would be used and also depend on the ISP! Even more, may have some effects depend on an location and so on!

    To get the best for the use requires some testing, which could only be done on the place of use, the user's place!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. dhjohns

    dhjohns MDL Guru

    Sep 5, 2013
    3,276
    1,731
    120
    Thanks but no thanks. I like Chrome. Besides, it is made by Google, and I like Google!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. GOD666

    GOD666 MDL Expert

    Aug 1, 2015
    1,972
    2,018
    60
    Your internet connection is, of course, a factor no matter what browser you are using. If you are stuck on the old dial-up internet, for example, it will hardly matter what web browser you are using since the best you can hope for is 56K. It is sad that in 2017, not everyone has high-speed internet. Of course, having a web browser which can still help render those pages a bit fast, does help. The slowest connection around where I live is DSL and I have tested all the browsers available on that older connection. I was very pleased to see Firefox Quantum (Firefox 57) fly through everything. :)


    I like Google too, but prefer to limit their spying on me (whenever possible). The idea of having their software embedded into my computer is a bit much. The fact that Firefox Quantum (Firefox 57) is spyware free is a big selling point. ;) The fact that Firefox Quantum (Firefox 57) is now faster than Google Chrome is a big plus.

    But to each their own. As @pisthai said, we should all try everything and decide what is best for us. For me, at the moment, that is definitely Firefox Quantum (Firefox 57). :cool:
     
  14. Doghen

    Doghen Guest

    Hmm thankyou god666 i will try Mozilla firefox, and do you say Google chrome is Spyware? or do you just say that word because it is spying on users? or do you mean that Mozilla firefox have spyware in older and newer versions? :O
     
  15. Tiger-1

    Tiger-1 MDL Guru

    Oct 18, 2014
    3,799
    4,100
    120
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Enthousiast

    Enthousiast MDL Tester

    Oct 30, 2009
    16,848
    21,175
    340
    Edge is there to stay and it works fine, last week MSFT even announced it being ready for iOS and Android.
     
  17. GOD666

    GOD666 MDL Expert

    Aug 1, 2015
    1,972
    2,018
    60
    #20 GOD666, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Mozilla Firefox has never contained spyware and in truth, neither has Google Chrome, although Google Chrome does add a lot of Telemetry and Tracking which you cannot fully disable, as opposed to Mozilla Firefox which does not add any tracking. As an option, you can enable Telemetry which helps Mozilla diagnose any potential problems (bug reports for example), but it is optional (you have a choice). Google Chrome you have no choice and even as a guest user it will track your user habits and promote advertising as you use the browser. In that regard, Google Chrome does seem a bit more spy-ish in the same way that Windows 10 for many seems a bit more spy-ish ( https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/repo-windows-10-telemetry-repository.63874/ ).