MS Office 2007 or Higher : Installation & Activation !

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by LittlePro, Oct 20, 2017.

1. LittlePro

LittlePro MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Hi All, Greets, Sir(s) , I need to install & activate MS Office 2007 or higher. I am using genuine windows 8 x64 single language on an UEFI & GPT Partition scheme. I want to install the lightest version as i only need to use Word, Excel & Powerpoint. I want to use an Application & activation which is light on resources & is safe ,stable and foolproof as well. So, i am not looking for the latest items ! Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards, LittlePro.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    Hi All,
    Greets,
    @LostED : Sir, Thanks for the quick response. The link is sufficiently informative BUT...
    1. I am not able to find a working non torrent/magnet link for Office 2010 Professional Plus SP1 ISO 32bit English ( Volume ). I prefer the ones !
    2. I am quite sure that some of the options/websites which are providing torrent links are not clean enough !
    Thanks & Regards,
    LittlePro.

4. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
  5. Kevin Rosas

Kevin Rosas MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    I am integral to your post, the links that are provided here are clean, if you are looking for light installations the Office package does not consume as many resources as you think, in addition your have thought to use some and not all Office installers in the custom installation te offers to choose which and not to install, examples marks Word, excel, powerpoint. good luck on that. how to suggest make use of heidoc tools, free. has direct links from Microsoft. to download, Office and Windows.

6. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    #6 LittlePro, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    (OP)
    Hi All,
    Greets,
    Sir(s),
    1. @LostED : Sir, thanks for the quick help. Probably, the last question/doubt :

The ReadMe text of the activator says :
    " # To install this solution for auto renewal activation, run these scripts respectively:
    1-SppExtComObjPatcher.cmd
    install/uninstall the Patcher Hook.
    2-Activate-Local.cmd
    activate installed supported products. (you must run it at least once).
    you may need to run it again if you installed Office product afterwards. "

On another place it says :
    "Remove any other KMS solutions. Temporary turn off AV security protection. Run as administrator "

Considering the two italics the query is : Is the activator smart enough to see that windows 8 is already activated (genuine) & it will not conflict with the already existing activation ?
    Please answer & help me !

2. @C4rT3r2 : Sir, thanks for the info & effort . But i think it can be better ! I think the two of us would have a lot to share in the near future !

UPDATES
    1. Sorry for my doubts, The tools feature " Check-Activation-Status.cmd " detects windows 8 already activated, I think that should be enough & Additionally, we can backup the activation before going any further.
    2. SP 1 & SP 2 ( Office 2010 'Updates' folder) are cumulative updates which are actually installed after the main installation. So, the custom install of office 2010 finally ended up problematic as it was like updating the features which are not installed/present . I think a person who is interested in customizations should extract cumulative updates and be selective carefully. Otherwise the updates are best with the default settings , be it windows, office or .... !

Thanks & Regards,
    LittlePro.

7. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    #7 LittlePro, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    (OP)