MS Office 2010 Retail Backup

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by TecMan, May 5, 2010.

1. TecMan

TecMan MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi Friends:

I would like to know if I have in my computer MS Office Pro Plus 2010 with Retail Key, MS Visio 2010 with Retail Key and MS Project Pro 2010 Retail Key...How can I backup the Activations for the future?

I just need to backup pkeyconfig-office.xrm-ms, token.dat , cache.dat files?

in the future, when I need to format my C hard-drive and have a clean installation...I just only need to install the MS Office 2010 (Office Pro Plus, Visio and Project Pro) and then replace the backup files (pkeyconfig-office.xrm-ms, token.dat , cache.dat)...is it correct?

Thanks

TecMan

2. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    #2 FreeStyler, May 5, 2010
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
    Feeling Lazy? Did you at least look/searched if this question is already answered?

Anyway, you might wanna check out this tool and this topic.

3. TecMan

TecMan MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi FreeStyle:

Thanks for your reply...and I read all your recommendations....but I just want to know if the Backup Files (pkeyconfig-office.xrm-ms, token.dat , cache.dat files) include the 3-Programs MS Office 2010 (Office Pro Plus, Visio and Project Pro)

Thanks

TecMan

4. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    They should include whatever you have installed, but just replacing the files may not be enough to succeed to activate, you'd have to copy them and see if they work later.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...