MS Office 'has not been installed for the current user'

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Charmayns, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Charmayns

Charmayns MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2008
    Help. I'm running Windows XP and have Microsoft Office Small Business 2007. I've been running this for several months now with no issue. A few days ago, I went to check my Outlook and received this message 'Microsoft Office Outlook has not been installed for the current user'. I am the only user. And, all of my other MS Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, etc) are giving me the same error. I have researched resolutions and none have worked (clearing registration key, removing and reinstalling, repair). Could someone please help me and tell me how I can get rid of this crazy error and open my Outlook? Thanks.

2. Charmayns

Charmayns MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2008
    ...still need help

Thanks psi, for the information.
    Unfortunately, the mso.dll patch did not resolve my issue. Is there anything else that you know of that can resolve my issue? All feedback and ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3. christantoan

christantoan MDL Junior Member

Jul 28, 2009
    #5 christantoan, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    Try to delete all files in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA if you use Vista/7, run Office once, close it, then paste the patched mso.dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE12

But this mean you have to reactivate it using phone method and fill 000000 to all confirmation or something like that

PM me if this work

Note: It usually appear because you use illegal MS Office and then do a big update for example upgrading Service Pack

4. Liomoges_designer

Liomoges_designer MDL Novice

May 3, 2011
    Well, IF you have the modified "mso.dll" file: stop all MS Office programs, and in Win Xp, do this: Rename the MSO.dll file to something else, in case this doesn't work for you, and copy the modified "mso.dll" fille into this location: C:program Files/Common Files/microsoft shared/OFFICE12
    Restart your software, and it should work.