MS Paint Is Here to Stay

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dhjohns, Jul 25, 2017.

1. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    My favorite for fast and simple works is and still will be: Paint.net, which is simple under further development and free of charge!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    We’ve seen reports recently that Paint is one of the items classed as “not in active development and might be removed in future releases."

The second part about its removal from from the core group of bundled Windows applications seems confirmed, and Paint will now be transferred in the Store as add-on.

I’ve seen no denial of the first part about it not being in active development, so I conclude that that is also valid.

Either way, it’s of little real significance, as Paint 3D is more powerful and with further development should include all of Paint’s functionality.

But even this will have little effect on users with more than superficial interest in graphics, including those averse to paying for premium apps, as there are several free superior alternatives.

4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep I agree dude although still have several free good aplications as Irphanview, FSResizer, FSViewer only my 2 cents ;):)

5. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
  6. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    only downside being that it will be an app and not a regular program.

7. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Bravo, Microsoft! I am so used to MS Paint that I cannot do without it. It is good to know Microsoft decided to retain it.

8. But it won't be included in future versions of Windows 10? As I understand it, it is availabe for installation via Windows Store, but doesn't come preinstalled.

9. redxii

redxii MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2016
    It's nice Windows 10 gets new features and all but at this point I think they should release a new Windows where they can experiment as much as they want (i.e. remove programs and control from the user, and be only able to use Store apps if you want to do anything), their 'As a Service' or subscription model that they wanted, instead of worrying about buying a new system only compatible with Windows 10 and the head honcho waking up one day and decides to disable use of your hardware for no legitimate reason. I don't know where they got this notion that we wanted Paint and Calculator removed either.

I run my gadgets into the ground, I don't waste money upgrading every month, if you buy/build a system with Windows 10 you shouldn't have to worry when the next iteration bans you from installing on your hardware and the oldest version that does work will only receive updates for what can only be measured in days.

10. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    Its crap and should curl up and die. Gimp is better.

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Thanks for your in-depth analysis...

12. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    C:Windows/system32/MSPaint.exe is still there in Explorer

13. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I still make use of it occasionally. It is more of an habit than capability. MS Paint is without doubt very handy when editing images with ease and simplicity.