MSDN account(link)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dridzz, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Dridzz

Dridzz MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2009
    Could anyone plz share an acount, or send me the msdn direct link to download windows 7 N x64 ultimate plz ?

2. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    #2 noyod, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. poi2

poi2 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2009
    #4 poi2, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  4. concierge

concierge MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2009
    Get yourself a Windows 7, loser...

:)

5. -jay-

-jay- MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
  6. daraj

daraj MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Why would you want to get the N version ??:rolleyes:

7. mobutu

mobutu MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    Because it comes without IE8 and WMP ... applications that are considered among many to be full of crap.
    Yeah, but the hashcheck doesn't match ... I have the exact same problem.

8. daraj

daraj MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Cant you just easily uninstall them?? I think that's a good option in WIn7 where you can easily uninstall/disable stuff.

9. mobutu

mobutu MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    It's not 100% sure that you can really uninstall both applications.
    probably one can turn off or disable them ... but not real uninstall

10. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Even if you install the regular version where IE8 and WMP are installed by default, if you choose to do so, you can easily TURN-OFF these features in windows 7, and results to as if you are installing the "N" version. :D

11. mobutu

mobutu MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    There are 2 major different points:
    - In N you effectively don't have the core files of IE and WMP so you are 100% sure that you don't have them;
    - In regular version you can turn off or disable IE and WMP but the core files will probably remain there (no real uninstall).

12. daraj

daraj MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2009
    IF you go to Uninstall programs in the control panel you can find IE8 as a program you can uninstall. Thats a new feature in Win7. Not sure of if you can uninstall WMP but you can certainly turn it off. I guess the main difference between the 2 verison is that N is slightly "Lighter in size".
    Just 2 cents

13. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Yeah, i know; but what is a few megabytes of dead files anyway. :D

But the real kicker here is, (somebody correct me if i am wrong) the present batch of oem:slp keys cannot activate the "N" version. Maybe you have the appropriate key for this? :confused:

14. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    you will need to get N keys from European OEMs if it is only going to be sold in the EU

15. mysticmatrix

mysticmatrix MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    What happens in Windows N ? Do applications really break, like no internet access and stuff? Does DirectShow work?
    AFAIK, IE based stack and API is used by almost all third party application. Heck, even proxy is handled by the same code that was written first along with Windows 98's IE .

Are you really sure that Windows N doesnot has ANY component of IE and WMP?

16. mobutu

mobutu MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    Good point, that is the problem, since i don't have the appropiate key for this :)
    But i was hoping that it'll surface, sooner or later.
    I am not 100% sure, I can't be ;)

17. mysticmatrix

mysticmatrix MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    In that case I think that it is better to assume that Windows N would be exactly the same as downloading regular Windows and 'uninstalling' IE and WMP. Here is why I think so
    1) Remember that the option to remove IE was added initially as response to European Anti trust investigation, and then MS went ahead to complete remove it in form of Windows E. European investigators realised that this option is essentially bull-s**t, and then went for option of ballot for browsers.
    2) As MS already had technology in place to 'remove' IE and WMP by unticking a option, I think it is hardly possible for the same company to maintain to entirely different ways to achieve same end result. Most likely, they would have just made the system by default to un-tick IE and WMP in N-edition, and turn it back on in normal edition.
    3) When you say 'core' IE and WMP files, remember that MS actually developed its video stack and internet stack in conjugation of developing IE and WMP, and as such large number of 3rd party application depend on these windows API to access Internet and media capabilities. It would have raged hell if MS was to remove each and every dll related to IE and WMP.

Anyways, like everyone except MS engineer's themselves, I cannot be 100% sure. And at the end, I think it is very silly to use Windows N as simply
    1) a backup application is always good to have .
    2) Just mere presence of 50 MB of more files on HDD doesn't really bother me.
    3) MS has not really 'removed' those two apps completely.

18. daraj

daraj MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Couldn't have said it better.