MSDN Windows7 Key Installer. SLMGR.VBS / .BAT / Commands

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FireSokar, Aug 16, 2009.

1. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    Im making my version of 7 have a key select with all my MSDN Keys on it. So far I can make it detect what version is installed prior to first load of desktop. It automatically installs the key by launching a .bat with :
    slmgr.vbs -ipk %Variable%
    then Start slmgr.vbs -ato

So far it activates and everythings good except the Winodow for the .bat gets in the way of the "OK" Button from SLMGR.VBS -ipk. I have coded my program in VB.NET and am looking for a solution to either encode into the .bat to either minimize it or suppress the OK Button from slmgr.vbs -ipk I cant run the ipk and ato at the same time as the ato needs the key to be in all the way and produces and error message so the .bat cant be multi thread, as well as the C app cant be. I need some help in there .bat or if someone has a solution to run the .bat hidden from VB.net or have the VB.Net launch the .bat hidden . This is my first VB.net program so Im happy with what ive done so far just need a lil nudge in the right direction.

2. YooBlu

YooBlu MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Good work mate:eek:

3. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I tried launching the script by just running SLMGR.VBS -ipk SERIAL but it never really launched. I'll try using your idea in a little while.

4. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
  5. kcozart

kcozart MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2007
    There is a program called exescript which takes a bat file or a
    vbs file and turnes it into an exe file.
    It has an option for the vbs script to run the batch part hidden.

6. FireSokar

FireSokar MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    Nah, What he posted works perfectly with out the need for VBS or BAT anymore. I just edited it a little to make it perfect for my needs and now everything works just fine. A Lil more tweaking to it and ill be good ( I have seperate forms for each version of windows ) So I have to edit about 6 pages worth of code but the one I did edit allready works fine.